West Norwood Cemetery Catacombs - February 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 or 15 years ago I think....I wasn't paying attention at that point, I did hear that the cost was MASSIVE to be interned here instead of a 'conventional' burial. All other internments here are 100+ years old as far as I know.

Yes Hal, it was 12 years ago and the Lady paid a massive £50,000 for the coffin to be laid at rest down there.

Fascinating place and great shots, thank you.

I have heard that the cemetery charge people for photographing (not talking about guided tours etc) and that notices at the entrances inform that one has to apply for permission.

Don't believe I've ever seen a sign like that on any of the entrances on the half a dozen occasions I've been there, but I could be wrong. I've certainly just gone into the cemetery and wandered round taking pics above ground anyway! Its a publicly owned cemetery after all!

Don't believe I've ever seen a sign like that on any of the entrances on the half a dozen occasions I've been there, but I could be wrong. I've certainly just gone into the cemetery and wandered round taking pics above ground anyway! Its a publicly owned cemetery after all!

Thanks and apologies, I've confused it with Brookwood cemetery.

Hamishfriend i think you're actually thinking of Highgate. The website has all sorts of stuff about prices for professional cameras etc. But in fact you just pay a price for a guided tour & take photos as you go.As long as it's not for commercial gain or a Pro shoot they don't seem to mind.

I've been down the catacombes in Kensal green & West brompton , nether of which allowed photography sadly.Whereas although Nunhead is small photos were allowed.

I have been in the catacombs about 10 years ago on a London Open House Weekend in September.

Latest posts

Back