What do I think of the forum so far?

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take that attitude and language and your being on here might be short.
The Forum was sold and the people who now run it changed the format. People are still getting used to it so are quite sarcastic about it. Personally I do not find it a problem and the uploading suites me better than linking it to a flickr account which I do not have. Some people like others not happy, think it is a case of some do not like change.

Take that attitude and language and your being on here might be short.
The Forum was sold and the people who now run it changed the format. People are still getting used to it so are quite sarcastic about it. Personally I do not find it a problem and the uploading suites me better than linking it to a flickr account which I do not have. Some people like others not happy, think it is a case of some do not like change.
I Would not. have this "attitude"...if for example, when conversing with other members, who replied with sarcastic remarks....which I never experienced on ANY other forums....ever...So if you put up with it ..fine. Also, I have seen expletives from other posters..go and preach to them., Moreover, don't see the relevance you mention regarding format?

I Would not. have this "attitude"...if for example, when conversing with other members, who replied with sarcastic remarks....which I never experienced on ANY other forums....ever...So if you put up with it ..fine. Also, I have seen expletives from other posters..go and preach to them., Moreover, don't see the relevance you mention regarding format?
You joined in Feb 2020 if you were on the forum then you must have noticed a difference to how it is now. Even I noticed that and I cannot remember the last time I was on here. If there is any problem it looks to me like it is linking photos with places like Flickr accounts something I do not have any more so much prefer how you can do it now. I also feel the old forum was a little limited the new one has been simplified. BTW I can preach to who I want I just do not see the point in people calling others "folks", sarcastic would have been enough any way why does any one need to prove you wrong.

Personally I love the way the new place looks.
I have been on here for many years as well as other forums, even ran one for a while with the help of another few top folks.
If it's cxxts and sarcasm you want to see I can think of other forums to find it tbh..... Here it's always been friendly with a little micky taking.

Last edited:
OK @Derelictman7 this post is (partially) referring to the PMs you sent me about Willington cooling towers asking (a) whether they were still there and (b) how far they are from Manchester.

Yes, sarcasm did ensue, probably due to a combination of your rather 'direct' approach ("Are the towers still there?" without even mentioning their name. I did work out you were referring to Willington but joked back with you "Fawlty Towers?") the fact I don't really know you from Adam, you are relatively new to the forum and, let's be frank here, it shouldn't be hard to locate five MASSIVE cooling towers!

If that makes me a cxxxt(?), then guilty as charged.

Last edited:
OK @Derelictman7 this post is (partially) referring to the PMs you sent me about Willington cooling towers asking (a) whether they were still there and (b) how far they are from Manchester.

Yes, sarcasm did ensue, probably due to a combination of your rather 'direct' approach ("Are the towers still there?" without even mentioning their name. I did work out you were referring to Willington but joked back with you "Fawlty Towers?") the fact I don't really know you from Adam, you are relatively new to the forum and, let's be frank here, it shouldn't be hard to locate five MASSIVE cooling towers!

If that makes me a cxxxt(?), then guilty as charged.
😂
I can vouch for hughie....... He's deffo not a cxxt..... I'm almost certain of that 😂

"..which I never experienced on ANY other forums....ever.."

Sorry, but I doubt that very much. The way you are handling yourself here I would say you have had plenty of practice.

You joined in Feb 2020 if you were on the forum then you must have noticed a difference to how it is now. Even I noticed that and I cannot remember the last time I was on here. If there is any problem it looks to me like it is linking photos with places like Flickr accounts something I do not have any more so much prefer how you can do it now. I also feel the old forum was a little limited the new one has been simplified. BTW I can preach to who I want I just do not see the point in people calling others "folks", sarcastic would have been enough any way why does any one need to prove you wrong.

Night Crawler, Must admit I was a bit OTT with the profanity...

"..which I never experienced on ANY other forums....ever.."

Sorry, but I doubt that very much. The way you are handling yourself here I would say you have had plenty of practice.
Darklido, How do you acquire doubt?...do you have telepathic abilities..?.what I said, is my first perception of this forum..thats all

I just joined, So far I keep meeting sarcastic..folks... prove me wrong..

I sincerely hope you find your manners. I'm new to the forum and this is a very nice forum to nice people. But I have learned nice people don't put with people that come in as you are doing in that post above. "the prove me wrong" seems about as lame as the blackmail memes on Facebook. Not strong enough statements to stand on their own, so they have to put a blackmail statement on them to get any action. That is pitiful.

Now, you see I can preach at you, as I really HATE to see the good people of this forum being snapped at by someone showing bad manners.

You can apologize to the people here, or not. That is entirely your decision. What happens afterwards is my decision.

I will watch out for this forum and the good members. Even the ones finding the change not easy to adjust to.

So, good day Derelictman7, I hope you are doing well and can find something nice to explore and share with the group.

Ive been a member for some time but have barely posted, i thought it was quite difficult to keep up to date with activity on the old one so hopefully this version suits me more. Still hoping to meet people of a similar ilk to myself as i lack friends interested in urbex irl unfortunately.

That being said, Merry Christmas to all

I've not been a member here for more than a couple of years but I love the way the site is now. It's so easy to use and the look is fab. I find myself on here daily and quite happy to post reports. Everyone here is really nice and I'm glad to be a part of this community.

I sincerely hope you find your manners. I'm new to the forum and this is a very nice forum to nice people. But I have learned nice people don't put with people that come in as you are doing in that post above. "the prove me wrong" seems about as lame as the blackmail memes on Facebook. Not strong enough statements to stand on their own, so they have to put a blackmail statement on them to get any action. That is pitiful.

Now, you see I can preach at you, as I really HATE to see the good people of this forum being snapped at by someone showing bad manners.

You can apologize to the people here, or not. That is entirely your decision. What happens afterwards is my decision.

I will watch out for this forum and the good members. Even the ones finding the change not easy to adjust to.

So, good day Derelictman7, I hope you are doing well and can find something nice to explore and share with the group.
I like you Angie
You can stay 😉

I have manners Angie, but I reacted for a reason no intention of being hateful...but I was peeved off due to a couple of responses while interacting with a couple of the fellow members...

Latest posts

Back