Whitfield Tabernacle--abandoned church--bristol

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuboard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
hey people

my dad came across this church a few months back in kingswood bristol, but i only managed to check it out a couple of days ago, the site is quite large with the majority of the grave yard completely overgrown with plants trees e.c.t, theres two buildings one is like a cottage and the other is a two story roofless building (inaccessible) and of course a huge church. :)

The place its self was commissioned by George Whitfield in 1741 (the founder of methodism) he used the area for preaching in some cases he was thought to have pulled crowds of ten thousand people.
in 1851 a very gothic looking church was designed by Henry Masters. It served until 16th October 1983 when the church was finally closed due to falling attendances.

Apparently there are no current plans for redevelopment because the building and grave yard are owned by two sets of people, and its very easy to access!

hope you enjoy :mrgreen:

DSC_6455.jpg

:)

DSC_6438.jpg

DSC_6439.jpg

DSC_6447.jpg

DSC_6462.jpg

DSC_6464.jpg

DSC_6466.jpg

DSC_6475.jpg

DSC_6395.jpg

DSC_6418.jpg

DSC_6411.jpg

DSC_6393.jpg

:sick:

DSC_6359.jpg

thanks for checking

cuboard

A great building and nice photos, watch of for those skag heads :(

really nice pics there cupboard
it rare to see such a building in this state - shame about the smackhead residents though
x

Very nice and I echo the coments on the smack heads but looking at the state of the floor I doubt it will be long befor you find a few of them under it after falling through. :)

This is only round the corner from me and a place i keep meaking to have a mooch around! It was featured on BBCs restoration programme a few years ago as a possible candidate!

Latest posts

Back