Whittingham Asylum at last! VERY IMAGE INTENSIVE.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which biggie would that be then Nelly? I'm curious now! Not Pyecrust surely? I refuse to admit that place even exists!

Thanks for your kind comments guys.

That's the one!!!

And denying its existence will not make it disappear!!!

;)

Top report that. I was here the other day and my god it is trashed. Had a near encounter with security but it was almost like they gave up after a few minutes!
Nicely done :)

Gotta visit this place at some point, looks amazing!!
Really good report and ace photos. Well done...

Thanks very much fellas. Yes security are quite lax in as much as they don't tend to come inside the buildings OR bother overly much beyond a walk around the perimeter occasionally. It is a partially live site in as much as the new high security sector is active and they are ther for that as much as the derelict stuff. We walked in to the exterior areas once and were mooching for about a half an hour looking for a way into the buildings before secca rocked up, tipped off as it happens by one of the staff on the hostels! They were nice as pie to us, ended up chattingf for about 10 minute with them before we left.

Hi - I'm still a newbie and just to say this report is brilliant!

The one thing that saddens me (as an NHS worker) is the amount of things left behind when these hospitals closed. Although in your report there wasn't too much serviceable there was a lifting hoist and bed side locker that could be used; and looking on others reports there is similar waste!

But brilliant pictures - thanks! You guys are giving me plenty of ideas just need the confidence......!!! :)

Hi - I'm still a newbie and just to say this report is brilliant!

The one thing that saddens me (as an NHS worker) is the amount of things left behind when these hospitals closed.

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

You're bang on about the neglect and waste. Whitty has been shut so long there's nothing of any consequence left now but on some explores we've seen all manner of stuff rotting away. Beds seem to be the usual thing, in fact there's several in a ward at Whitty now I come to think of it but we haven't seen them apart from in photos. Blackburn Royal still had quite a bit of stuff floating about though.

Latest posts

Back