Quantcast

Who else has been to Chernobyl?

Help Support Derelict Places:

frisboo

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you guys have actually been to Chernobyl? I went a year ago and it was amazing, recorded a short video too!

My question - does anyone know (if I was to go again) how I would go about getting permission to fly a drone (mini 2) in the area?

Thanks!

Tbolt

DP Supporter
Reaction score
I've been in 2018 and hopefully going again in Sept inshalaha.

Last time I heard of anyone enquiring about it they got a resounding No.

frisboo

Reaction score
I've been in 2018 and hopefully going again in Sept inshalaha.

Last time I heard of anyone enquiring about it they got a resounding No.
Sweet, defo make sure you get a tour of Duga 2 and lunch at the canteen opposite the reactor buildings as well!

I see a lot of footage on YouTube from drones. The guides that took us did a lot of things that they are not supposed to do. So maybe one tour guide just said “f-it, do it quickly”.

I love flying my drone (see on my channel), flying at some of the sites I recorded on that video I shared would be like a dream. Defo got the vibe that I couldn’t when I was there and didn’t take the drone I had at the time with me for that reason.

Would defo take the drone and make a trip especially if I was allowed to fly!

Brian

Reaction score
Not been to Chernobyl, but I worked for a week at Zlobin, 100 miles to the north, in 1987. We were importing all our food and drink, including water, from Austria. Uncomfortably close, considering the lack of information at the time.