Who else has been to Chernobyl?

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woooow, I paid less than £100 for mine from Stansted. Not sure if it was just luck or some sort of deal but it was CHEAP.

Funny story though. Final day in Kiev, my mate and I were knackered from nights out in Kiev and from chain smoking the dirt cheap cigarettes and he wanted to check the tickets on his phone. I paid £60 for parking in Stansted, bare in mind... he said to me “is it a problem that the car is in Stansted and the return flight is to Gatwick”. Swear to god I wanted to cry at this point! haha

The taxi from airport to airport cost me £60!!

Maybe that is why it was cheap 🤔
Flights are always cheaper from "darn sarf
Woooow, I paid less than £100 for mine from Stansted. Not sure if it was just luck or some sort of deal but it was CHEAP.

Funny story though. Final day in Kiev, my mate and I were knackered from nights out in Kiev and from chain smoking the dirt cheap cigarettes and he wanted to check the tickets on his phone. I paid £60 for parking in Stansted, bare in mind... he said to me “is it a problem that the car is in Stansted and the return flight is to Gatwick”. Swear to god I wanted to cry at this point! haha

The taxi from airport to airport cost me £60!!

Maybe that is why it was cheap 🤔
Flights are always cheaper from "darn sarf" than up here sadly

I went in 2016 and 2018! It's very restricted these days, I climbed the ferris wheel in 2016 - if I'd tried that now I'd be thrown off the tour.
It is a great experience and I'd highly recommend it!

You know I have to admire you guys for going and loved seeing the photos that came out of the place but I cannot help remember watching this all unfold when it happened. Not sure where I was could have been the states or the UK but it scared the shit out of me seein that radioactive cloud moving towards the UK. . The peole who died in it trying to sort it were real heroes

Hi

Went there for 3 days just over 4 years ago on a photo trip, one of the most moving experiences of my life

I made a photo video and it's on my website if you want to take a look

mmurphyphotos.co.uk

on the video page which contains images of Chernobyl, Pripyat, Buzludzha and Orford Ness amongst others

Really feeling for the Ukrainian people at this moment

Regards

Mike

Last edited:
Hi

Went there for 3 days just over 4 years ago on a photo trip, one of the most moving experiences of my life

I made a photo video and it's on my website if you want to take a look

mmurphyphotos.co.uk

on the video page which contains images of Chernobyl, Pripyat, Buzludzha and Orford Ness amongst others

Really feeling for the Ukrainian people at this moment

Regards

Mike
Some lovely shots of Chernobyl there - good work. I was all set to go over there for a few days last year but a certain invasion killed that idea for a few years unf...

Back