Willow brook / Evington brook tunnel, Leicester, Apr13

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The water levels were quite low, so was a good opportunity to do this one. Evington brook & Bushby Brook merge together to form Willow brook, which passes through a tunnel underneath the Midland Mainline. The eastern portals join in the middle of the tunnel, whilst the west portal has a train tunnel sized bore. The brook has picked up a large assortment of rubbish, which has collected in the middle, including a workman’s hat and a bar stool.

An enourmous duck flew at us from out of the depths of the tunnel, and scared the crap out of us! It’s a bit slippery in there; King Mongoose slipped twice, and later dropped my pride and joy torch in the river. Fortunately, he retrieved it, and it still works.

Explored with King Mongoose, and a big hangover.

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3748.JPG

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3724.JPG

IMG_3730.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

thanks for looking

Nice pics. Slippery ain't the word, I almost ended up going for a swim in here once!

Haha- i remember that.....i had a nappy bag float through my legs as i was trying to keep my balance, didnt want to fall into that water :sick:

Good pics, definatly better than the ones i got!

Haha- i remember that.....i had a nappy bag float through my legs as i was trying to keep my balance, didnt want to fall into that water :sick:

Good pics, definatly better than the ones i got!

Thanks losttom!
There is some bizarre & rancid rubbish in there
Aside from the usual shopping trolleys & condoms, we found a full height breakfast table stall; how did that end up in there?!

Latest posts

Back