Woodpecker Inn, Ivybridge, June 08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
3 out of 4 explores with scrub.

This place has been closed since i've move down here.
Dont know why or when.

i've recced this site a couple of times and was all ways put off by its location, right next to the A38.
any one who has travelled or will travel down to Plymouth will see this place.

couple of months ago it got boarded up, bout a week later it there was graffiti over the pub and on the boards.
it was time to stop and find away in and way in we found.

this is the only site that me and scrub has done that has almost made us vomit, there is fridges and frezers of left over food that is rotting. i'm surprised it can't get up and walk around. the smell from the chest freezers made us gag. rotting food, flys and out of date beer. great :)

enjoy the pics.

Image00002.jpg

Its a huddadadada
Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Someone worked at this place with a bad BO problem, there is tins of linx every where.
Image00009.jpg

The only thing that is really left is kiddies toys.
Image00011.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Image00012.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Stella?
Image00016.jpg

Image00017.jpg

Image00024.jpg

This is where it starts to get gross
Image00026.jpg

Image00027.jpg

Image00030.jpg

Yup, thats a pie!!
Image00031.jpg

Image00032.jpg

Image00035.jpg

Image00037.jpg

Power any one?
Image00039.jpg

Last edited:
LOL.
I love old pubs, but if I get round your way pub grub is off the menu. :sick:
Looks like an eviction, so I wouldnt clean up either. It looks like there wont be many 'pubs' left at all soon.
However, some of the explores on various sites show what dumps some of these places really are, and the scratters that run them.
If anybody knows a decent pub in North Leeds please let me know.

Last edited:
This was hoking in the basement/kitchen!

Good report dude! All in all a class day out urbexing!

Few from me:-

Office with the usual paperwork strewn about the place, including about 8 cans of Lynx BO Basher (other deoderants are available).
DSCF2625.jpg

Cutting edge console
DSCF2628.jpg

Scotty
DSCF2630.jpg

Fairy
DSCF2634.jpg

Nice shower curtain
DSCF2635.jpg

DSCF2642.jpg

Mess
DSCF2655.jpg

DSCF2656.jpg

Gordon Ramsey would be proud to work here
DSCF2657.jpg

DSCF2660.jpg

The stink was getting bad by the time we ventured down to the kitchen below
DSCF2664.jpg

DSCF2668.jpg

Nice colours in the pipework
DSCF2669.jpg

This was reaking - the stench was hard core
DSCF2672.jpg

We spent about 5 mins trying to get a pic of the insides - in between holding our breath!
Plenty of flies about
DSCF2673.jpg

Afters anyone?
DSCF2674.jpg

Scotty and I
Dscf2677.jpg

woodpecker1.jpg

Thanks,

:thumb

I think that's the first games console i've seen on here, in which case well found.

Who could leave such a thing behind :(

Another good one boys, glad to see so much still intact in there, the fridges etc remind me of the ones in Millennium, they hummed too!

nice pictures fellas i like old pubs too
but why do they always stink when i did the county arms in leicester it was really bad
almost made me sick

My parents have woven place mats just like the ones on the bar, & my Aunt & Unlce have chairs like the curved back ones.

Fridges & freezers should really be stored open & empty, if air & moisture gets trapped in it can really cause things to get unpleasent. My Gran found this when she left the fridge in her caravan & found it looking like somethinf from Alexander Flemming's lab.

It really does look like it was closed with no warning, I guess due to an eviction.

There's a pub near me where the landlord has nearly gone bankrupt (due to gamling debts, rather than a fall off in trade) but at least the pub is brewery owned so it will stay open.

nice explore guys! years ago I used to meet up with our area sales manager there for meetings, was quite convenient being close to the a38.

That kitchen looks rotten though! :sick:

Nice find guys. It looks as if everyone just disappeared one day and left everything behind! Id love to visit and old pub.

I met someone at this pub recently(purely as a meeting point, nowt to do with urbex) & had chance to have a wander around the outside. There is a sign up about the proposed plan to delmolish it sometime soon. So if anyone wants to take a gander - you better move fast!

Incidently, if anyone has that pic of a few of us stood around the bar could they PM me. Ta;)

I've been in a few disused hotels, but none with food left behind.:sick:

I wish I'd had a pop at these though, only a year out of date. :)
royal_hotel(2).jpg

I met someone at this pub recently(purely as a meeting point, nowt to do with urbex) & had chance to have a wander around the outside. There is a sign up about the proposed plan to delmolish it sometime soon. So if anyone wants to take a gander - you better move fast!

Incidently, if anyone has that pic of a few of us stood around the bar could they PM me. Ta;)

i think i got 1 or two.
i'll talk to lycos, i think he got most of them.

Latest posts

Back