Woodwards Jewlers?

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaperman

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the name of this firm, but its a small Jewelry firm:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
Love these old factory buildings. Like the penmakers, I'll regret not being able to see these for myself during the DP Meet. Oh, well...I shall console myself by enjoying everyone else's pics! :D
This one's a beaut. Really like the courtyard photo, Rm, and the last one. Lovely colours in those bricks.

Cheers :)

Walker & Woodward Ltd, Birmingham brass founders, I do believe. Well, that's what I managed to glean from some web searches. You can see what I wrote about it here.

From the link above...

A different looking building next door may have been combined with the works, a sign above the door showing the name 'Barrowcliff Spinnings Ltd'. The 1943 Kelly's Directory of Birmingham & Suburbs (Brass Founders section) lists a business by the name of 'Walker & Woodward Ltd (cast hinges, stamped & bar work)' at the Legge Lane address. Baron R Walker's brass founding company manufactured a range of brass instruments, including spirit levels.

There are still signs and letters from Walker & Woodward in there. I think the two were separate companies. What's written on a wall or above a door outside can often be misleading.

Yeah, I read that ages ago, sort of a Symbiotic trade going on. One supplies the other, and share a bit of trade. They seem tied in by all accounts.:)

I was up there today. Looks so bloody overgrown now, even tho access is easy, the undergrowth will keep you out!!!!:mad:

Latest posts

Back