WRIGHT & JOBSON, BRISTOL MILL GALASHIELS. JULY 2021

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferox

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
We have stopped at this place a few times on various Scotland trips recently and its always been sealed. Anyway after a early fail elsewhere we stopped by here again. To our delight this time it was open. Some decent bits of decay and some things left to look at. Like mentioned on other reports the down stairs has been used for garage/car spares storage by the look of it. The stairs had been removed to the upper levels so a climb up off a table and tressel was required. Not to bad going up, a nightmare coming down. Better decay and features on the upper levels in my opinion so I'm glad I made the climb. Glad to finally see inside at last. Another one of the ever changing list.

Bristol Spinning Mill was erected in 1885 by Roberts, Dobson and Company. In 1895 it became the property of William Roberts and was used to supply yarn to Victoria Mill until 1905. In 1921 the mill was taken over by Wright and Jobson, who built the large extension on the NW end of the mill, re-equipping it with mules still in use until the mill closed in 1998 and the machinery was removed. The machine layouts are held in the National archives of Scotland, West Register House.

Thanks For Looking

More pics on my Flickr page - Bristol Mill | Flickr

Last edited:
Doesn't look like much has changed - did you see the top floor which was painted turquoise green IIRC?

Doesn't look like much has changed - did you see the top floor which was painted turquoise green IIRC?
Cant remember seeing anything like that tbh mate. Did get up to the top floor though.
Pic 7 is from the top floor if I remember rightly

Yeah, I thought I recognised that and took a similar shot before the rooflights got smashed.

bristol - 0970.jpeg

This is the green-painted part, maybe at the opposite end? Anyhow, good that it's still doable, I'd looked a couple of times years ago without success before a couple of us finally got in.

bristol - 0984.jpeg

Yeah, I thought I recognised that and took a similar shot before the rooflights got smashed.

View attachment 516838

This is the green-painted part, maybe at the opposite end? Anyhow, good that it's still doable, I'd looked a couple of times years ago without success before a couple of us finally got in.

View attachment 516839
Tbh I can not remember that part @wolfism. Must of missed it somehow. I seem to be good at doing that :)

To be fair it happens to us all, I regularly miss "the best bit" and have to re-visit it.

Latest posts

Back