Visited with Smileysal. Thanks to Thompski for the lead.
Clay Cross foundry (part of the Clay Cross Company, founded in 1837) dates back to the mid-nineteenth century when railway pioneer George Stephenson, following the completion of the Clay Cross tunnel, brought his Derby to Leeds railway through the small village. The construction work on the tunnel uncovered rich seams of coal and iron ore and from that point on the village flourished becoming a small town producing coal, iron ore and iron and limestone, as well as 5million bricks a year.
In 1974 the company was brought by RMC (Ready Mixed Concrete) mainly for its quarries. In 1985 after RMC changed ownership a number of times, the company was brought by the Biwater Group. The death of the company came in 1998 when it was brought by Stanton and was closed within 6 months, leaving Stanton the only producers of spun pipes.
More info can be found here