The Machinists House Oct 14

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could say my photos were as good as yours and unedited :) brilliant report and photos and a real shame about the missing items :(

I dread the day now if I head to the same place as you on the same day, an you are sat somewhere all smug an I walk in! hahaha!

You now know whats its like walking into a room and your sitting there :eek:

Sad about the stuff going missing :(

Good to see the marbles in the tin still there, I spent ages picking them all up, they were scattered all over the floor when I got there :)

It's desperately sad and annoying that this happens all too often. Unfortunately it's not only explorers who use this and other urbex sites. It does seem that the only way to keep good locations off the radar for thieving scum is to not post anything online. I think the vast majority of explorers abide by the 'footprints only' ethos and the problem is less about the actual sharing, more about highlighting places through our photos. Not to say that locals don't find and trash abandoned places without our help, but I guess we give them a head start by researching locations and putting up pictures of the nice shiny things we find.

Tell me about it! I really wanted to see that small camera. Never seen anything like it

The Pentax Pino 35 was made from 1982 to 1987 when the Pino 35S was introduced - the 35S was a motorised version which worked quite well when new. Very common in their day, but like all plastic cameras of the 80's the plastic was frail when compared to modern formulations - this meant that they soon succumbed to and knocks or rough usage. They occasionally turn up at photographic flea markets and eBay has been known to have working ones listed.

The Pentax Pino 35 was made from 1982 to 1987 when the Pino 35S was introduced - the 35S was a motorised version which worked quite well when new. Very common in their day, but like all plastic cameras of the 80's the plastic was frail when compared to modern formulations - this meant that they soon succumbed to and knocks or rough usage. They occasionally turn up at photographic flea markets and eBay has been known to have working ones listed.

Exceelent, i just learnt something. But i was talking about the other small camera that was in other people reports, but wasnt there when i visited. :(

When I visited there the other week one of the sewing machine's was lying in a broken heap on the floor, not pointing any fingers but it's gone down hill since it has been on derelict places...

When I visited there the other week one of the sewing machine's was lying in a broken heap on the floor, not pointing any fingers but it's gone down hill since it has been on derelict places...

You realise it's been on about 200 other websites right, some of which give away much more detail about its location than is given here? Not to mention Flickr, Facebook, YouTube etc etc.

So unless you have any specific proof, what you mean is it's gone downhill since it's been on the Internet.

If you do have specific proof I suggest you take action with the appropriate authorities rather than making non specific whines about it on the internet.

Last edited:

Similarly it could be said that it's gone downhill since it first popped up on here and you said you knew where it was. People in glass houses and all that....

Wasnt you tempted to take the reels of film in for development :). Great photos

i dont agree with thieving but i ask you this would you rather see it rotting in landfeel

Theft is theft...there's no dressing it up as salvage. I loved the meticulous amateur radio logbook. It's not been a requirement to keep one for years now, but some of us still do! It would be interesting to,know the chaps call sign.

Lovely pictures, but urgh. Thieves. What I find most bemusing is why it's always the sewing machines that get half-inched. They have very little value on the second hand market, so the effort to steal them seems pointless :( Would be much better if the idiots just left them there.

Back