Big DerPl Urbex Meet-Up

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up for it, just name the time and place and I ll be there, Oi Fluffy you getting mrs Fluffy to drive me for once.

Sweet.

Newage

is it just cash fundraising or can people donate materials, i.e. sand, cement, tools to help with the project, and if so what would be accepted, obviously they would be resoponsible for getting them there.

We'd actually prefer materials where possible. Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll get back to you about it.

Sadly we are having to abort the chapel project and are handing the building back over the Bristol City Council (full statement here).

This means we will need a new venue. Given the difficulty in finding derelict locations that can hold a large number of people without issues and causing undue attention, can I suggest we just have a pub meet? I have a cheap pub in mind that is in central Bristol, with a multi-storey nearby that always has loads of spaces. I might even open up a sub forum for people to chat and make arrangements for it etc if people want to plan the meet into a road trip etc.

What do people think? I'm also open to suggestions.

Sorry to hear that Krela. Just about to read the statement on why you're having to abandon ship.

I think your idea about the pub is a good one, and also the sub forum. My vote would be to go for both.

That is unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that.

I think the pub venue and sub forum are good ideas, would make it a lot easier to chat and make arrangements.

My sympathys krela,Petty bureaucratic jobsworths win again and a decent building gets trashed,ain't life grand, take care mate.

My sympathys krela,Petty bureaucratic jobsworths win again and a decent building gets trashed,ain't life grand, take care mate.
This. Sorry you've all been blindsided by blinkered people who can't, or won't, understand that there are different ways of working with and for the community. I've had recent experience myself re something as simple as putting up an info board for our searchlight emplacement and something I've had to walk away from due to ridiculous bureacratic and political short-sightedness...not to mention a bunch of old men who think they know better when they haven't even gone to primary sources for their info and refuse to give credence to the woman who has. Don't get me started, lol.

Not sure if I'll make it for the pub venue (I'd probably have missed that anyway, as health isn't good for evening carousing, lol), but I'll keep on looking in and see how it goes. :)

This. Sorry you've all been blindsided by blinkered people who can't, or won't, understand that there are different ways of working with and for the community. I've had recent experience myself re something as simple as putting up an info board for our searchlight emplacement and something I've had to walk away from due to ridiculous bureacratic and political short-sightedness...not to mention a bunch of old men who think they know better when they haven't even gone to primary sources for their info and refuse to give credence to the woman who has. Don't get me started, lol.

Not sure if I'll make it for the pub venue (I'd probably have missed that anyway, as health isn't good for evening carousing, lol), but I'll keep on looking in and see how it goes. :)

That's a shame, I can relate though as I have similar health problems to your own. I'll be making the meeting daytime (lunchtime onwards).

I'll be there for sure!

edit: I've just read that you've had to abandon the chapel project and to say I'm disappointed in BCC is an understatement! I'm definitely up for a pub meet though!

Last edited:
Definitely be up for it work permitting!

Sorry to hear about the Chapel Krela, what sort of capacity will the pub be? We don't want it bursting at the seams with Derpers :p

Your statement makes very interesting reading.I am having a battle with my local authority and know what's it's like meeting this type officer there is just no give anywhere and find it very hard to kept my mouth shut.
Good luck with you new project I'm sure it will be a success.

Brilliant idea, i would love to come and meet some of the group. As some of you guys take really good photos and would mind meeting some of you in person maybe... How do i get in on this?

Latest posts

Back