Derelict Places

Go Back   Derelict Places > Location Visit Reports > Hospitals & Asylums


 
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 22nd Jul 09, 02:36
CHEWY's Avatar
CHEWY
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: April 2008
Location: East Lancashire
Age: 43
Posts: 360
Thanked: 37
Arrow Blackburn Royal infirmary, Lancashire - July 2009




The Blackburn Royal Infirmary (BRI), which also housed Blackburn's only A&E department was opened to the sick in 1865 and was decommissioned in the summer of 2006, and a new hospital building was built at the existing Queens Park Hospital (QPH) site in the town, so to merge the two sites into a single hospital for Blackburn. This meant the moving of many departments, and much publicity was made about the moving of the Accident and Emergency departments, so to avoid public confusion of the exact time when the A&E at BRI shut, and the A&E at the newly merged Royal Blackburn Hospital site opened.

Today most of the site has been flattened, but what remains is badly trashed and the old girl may be turned into apartments one day.





The Pics









































































__________________

Number of replies to this post: 11
Register or login to see full thread with replies.
 
Thread Tools


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:26.



Powered by vBulletin - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2014 - All content is copyright of the original contributor. Photos may not be used without permission.