predannack airfield (cornwall)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muppet

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
bored this saturday thought we would take a look what a great place . even the rain didnt bother us . sorry about all the pics thinned them out as much as poss .dont know much about the planes sorry but still enjoyed the visit
predanick111.jpg

predanick109.jpg

predanick105.jpg

had to post this this one lol
predanick103.jpg

predanick100.jpg

predanick096.jpg

predanick092.jpg

predanick089.jpg

predanick084.jpg

predanick083.jpg

predanick080.jpg

predanick079.jpg

predanick077.jpg

predanick075.jpg

predanick073.jpg

predanick070.jpg

predanick069.jpg

predanick068.jpg

predanick061.jpg

predanick059.jpg

predanick056.jpg

predanick055.jpg

predanick052.jpg

predanick051.jpg

predanick045.jpg

predanick043.jpg

predanick042.jpg

predanick041.jpg

predanick036.jpg

predanick034.jpg

predanick038.jpg

predanick115.jpg

thanks for looking

Looks like they have a few new editions to the fleet !

Did you see anyone about while you were there ??

Must get down and take a look

Looks like they have a few new editions to the fleet !

Did you see anyone about while you were there ??

Must get down and take a look

on the way out one car went past . hid behind a hedge still digging gorse bush out of my legs

great find and some nice pics. is this still MOD land then?? was thinking of taking a trip down from plymouth to have a look.

It’s an active MOD site, a satellite of RNAS Seahawk, (Coldrose) they don’t like trespassers but they probably won’t shoot you?
Smiler

No NC there is no Queens Flight aircraft at Predannack - which shot were you looking at ?

I think he means the red and white Domini. Those were used for navigator training I believe.

Yes the HS Dominie was used by the RAF to train navigators. No 55 Squadron still have some Dominies on strength which are due to retire in 2015.

Nice aircraft remains

Looks like some a Navy (black nose cone), and RAF (grey and camo) Harriers, a Sea King, two Wessex helos, a Jaguar, a Dominie (still in service back end of 2010), and a Canberra bomber in there. There's some history laying derelict there for sure.....expect those Harriers to be indoors soon as a permanent fixture now the Harrier fleet has officially been taken out of service. Either that or put 'em up for sale.....cos I'd have one!

Looks like some a Navy (black nose cone), and RAF (grey and camo) Harriers, a Sea King, two Wessex helos, a Jaguar, a Dominie (still in service back end of 2010), and a Canberra bomber in there. There's some history laying derelict there for sure.....expect those Harriers to be indoors soon as a permanent fixture now the Harrier fleet has officially been taken out of service. Either that or put 'em up for sale.....cos I'd have one!

Go on a Monday, it,s BOGOF day.
Smler

Yes the HS Dominie was used by the RAF to train navigators. No 55 Squadron still have some Dominies on strength which are due to retire in 2015.

Well me saying 2015 for retirement has proved wrong. The Defence Review has dictated the Dominie be retired early. This happened on 20 Jan 11 at RAF Cranwell. I post a few of shots below. Not derelict I know but these will go the same way as the one in the report above. Luckily two are to be preserved.

The last Dominie XS731 to land at RAF Cranwell -

DSC_5292b.jpg

Final Touchdown

DSC_5297d.jpg

The end of an era.

DSC_5302b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back