House of Sisters (Very pic heavy)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UEP-Wales

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The House of Sisters, UK
Visited with Priority 7​

Not alot can be said about The House of Sisters, not because it doesn't have an interesting story or an amazing history but because it needs protecting from the usual people that feel it's ok to vandalise and steal from these amazing places and unfortunately I'm not just talking about chavs and metal thieves.

I invited Priority 7 out on an explore, I said "Meet me on the side of XXX road". No location was given, Priority 7 just had to trust me on this one...

Introducing "The House of Sisters"

DSCF7422.jpg

I took over 300 photographs throughout the building so getting them down for a report was very hard work, this thread is very picture heavy but I am sure you will enjoy it none the less!

DSCF7285.jpg
DSCF7292.jpg

DSCF7288.jpg

DSCF7299.jpg
DSCF7301.jpg

DSCF7314.jpg

DSCF7316.jpg
DSCF7320.jpg

DSCF7329.jpg

DSCF7346.jpg
DSCF7347.jpg

DSCF7366.jpg

DSCF7323.jpg

DSCF7354.jpg
DSCF7356.jpg

DSCF7361.jpg

DSCF7386.jpg
DSCF7400.jpg

DSCF7380.jpg

DSCF7391.jpg

DSCF7404.jpg
DSCF7372.jpg

DSCF7442.jpg

DSCF7433.jpg
DSCF7440.jpg

The House of Sisters was hands on heart the best explore that I have done this year for so many reasons. We had a couple of close calls but as with everything, patience always pays off.

Thank you to Priority 7 for joining me on this one, couldn't have asked for better company and as always, it was an absolute pleasure exploring with you!

Cheers all! :)

I've been waiting for this to appear on DP - and I'm not disappointed. Somewhat jealous though. Excellent shots, excellent place :)

This was a site Urbex SW and I had looked at a few weeks back only to decide the time of day was not likely to assist in a successful entry and explore so we made a few mental notes, consulted Google Maps and re-arranged for another visit.
Today was the day and all appeared to be going wrong from the outset, Urbex SW was stuck in traffic, our orignal route in meant fording a river we hadn't spotted on GM. Eventually I spotted another possible way in and off we set some 2 hours late.
After crossing some waterlogged fields our prize was in sight and we set about finding a point of entry. Damn all the doors (As you would expect) were locked and the windows were shuttered of closed tight.
Finally we found a way into the basement and found ourselves between two sets of stairs however there were two stings in the tail, one had been closed off and floored over and the other had a bolted door at the top . Just then we heard cars on the gravel, voices and doors opening, had someone spotted us were the police about to burst in and spoil the day. A sigh of relief it was the estate agent showing around some potential buyer but we were still trapped in the basement our entry point now blocked by the cars. So we settled in waiting for them to leave. Around an hour in and I motioned to Urbex SW to pick up his tripod just incase we needed to move quickly...no sooner had he picked it up and the basement lights sprang into life they were coming down, we shot tot eh far end of the room and hid ourselves in the blocked off stairs knowing all they need do was a quick walk through and we were done, thankfully luck and probably expensive suits came to our rescue they didn't come down. The light went off and we started waiting again 30 minutes later the cars and the people left and we felt it would be rude not to try the door one last time, what do you know the estate agent hadn't bolted it and we were in..let the explore and images begin. The last sisters moved out some time in 2011 leaving the property to be sold to the highest bidder.

conventsm071.jpg

conventsm070.jpg

conventsm066.jpg

conventsm060.jpg

conventsm050.jpg

conventsm049.jpg

conventsm059.jpg

conventsm056.jpg

conventsm037.jpg

conventsm047.jpg

conventsm043.jpg

conventsm025.jpg

conventsm035.jpg

There are many more images to see over on my site http://www.prioritysevenphotography.co.uk cheers for a great explore Urbex SW.

Those shots piss all over mine mate, they are out of this world on so many levels! Cheers for your kind words though, cheered me up a little bit ;-)

I thought you would tell the story about our eventful morning so I missed it out on my part :lol:

Looking forward to the next place mate!

Last edited:
Bud I have to say exploring with you, UrbanX, Covert Urbex and others there never seems to be a dull moment so I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone I have had the pleasure to explore with and I mean everyone. I have had a falling out here and there but I thank everyone none the less. Cheers

Last edited:
Fantistic shots both of you.

Strangely, my favourite shot was P7's one of the front room with the TV!!

And that video is brilliant, great choice of music and pace.

Last edited:
Excellent report as usual :) Priority told me of the close call :)

Cheers dude, means alot!

It was a fantastic thrill but I think I speak for P7 on this too when I say we were more concerned about how she would react if / when she saw us :lol:

UE-OMJ, I love that shot too! P7's Wide Angle work lovely in there I think!

Cracking report - Very nice, lets hope a new use is found for it, way to grand to be demolished is this place!

Cracking report - Very nice, lets hope a new use is found for it, way to grand to be demolished is this place!

Cheers! :) I'm not sure what else it could actually be used for to be honest but it would be a nightmare if somebody bought it and removed the stunning features that are there now! I think I would strap myself to the front door if a demo application was submitted! :lol:

Thanks for the comments everybody :)

Amazing building, fantastic report, fantastic pics. Like the vid also!. Only thing I would say is it looks more like an empty building, not derelict. I like me buildings grotty. Give it a few years I suppose. Amazing work!

Fantastic pics both of ya, looks one hell of an explore! I've not lost all my faith in UK sites!
Great vid too P7, turning the corner and emerging into the chapel is a "whoa!" moment.
Cheers for sharing guys!

Latest posts

Back