Birmingham Battery and Metal Company,Jan 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virusman26

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Well, after many months of looking, and a crap, cold, frosty morning mooching around Dudley, we decided to drive back over my way to try a couple places I'd seen this week. On the way we stopped in Selly Oak for a quick look at this beauty. Done a few times before, it's history is quite well know, as is the state of the building. diluted went through a floor board, and the top floor has all now collapsed. Bummer, as the place is just gorgeous inside!!! Anyway, on with the pics.......

There was paperwork dating back to 1902, and there could well have been some older than that. It is just amazing reading handwriting that is well over 100 years old, and looks as good as the day it was written!!! Great stuff:mrgreen:
DSCF7572.png

DSCF7436.png

DSCF7445.png

DSCF7448.png

DSCF7455.png

DSCF7468.png

DSCF7488.png

DSCF7504.png

DSCF7509.png

DSCF7563.png

More pics here.......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8776781@N02/sets/72157612024268442/

Cheers foxy, I kinda love this one too. diluted went through the floor here tho, so it was a bit dicey getting to it!!:mrgreen:

Hi looking for a location for a fashion photoshoot in Birmingham this place looks great. I actually live in edgbaston so not too far away from selly oak, was just wondering how exactly to get there
cheers
laura :)

Went on my first Urban Ex today and this was the place I choose. I checked out all the basement but most of it was flooded similar to your shots.
Didn't get the chance to go upstairs because as soon as we came out from the basement there were some unwanted visitors that came in a decided to smash the place up. Would rather not hang around with a few G's worth of equipment.

Didn't get the chance to go upstairs because as soon as we came out from the basement there were some unwanted visitors that came in a decided to smash the place up.
That's a shock, as the place is pretty much trashed already! It makes you wonder why they bother. Scum bags.:mad:

I know will be going back next Monday though to take a few shots in the upper floors..

Just take care on the top floor. You can see straight down for the most part. It'll be worse now after th snow. Those floor boards are well fucked.:mrgreen:

Cheers thanks for the heads up.
Really enjoyed looking at your photo's hopefully I can get some nice ones too.

Latest posts

Back