Hartridge High School, Newport - April 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UEP-Wales

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hartridge High School, South Wales
Permission Visit – April 2012

In April 2012, I was invited to visit Hartridge High School. The school has been closed and everything is getting ready for it to be demolished…It’s not a bad thing though as a brand new one has been built for the students right next door!

There’s not much history regarding the school to be honest but I am sure anybody who has attended or lives local will have an interest in this thread.

I hope you like my photographs and as always, thank you very much for taking the time to check them out.

The Photographs

DSCF0218.png

DSCF0219.png

DSCF0223.png

DSCF0227.png

DSCF0252.png

DSCF0267.png

DSCF0271.png

DSCF0277.png

DSCF0284.png

DSCF0303.png

DSCF0311.png

DSCF0354.png

DSCF0355.png

DSCF0373.png

DSCF0398.png

DSCF0403.png

DSCF0406.png

DSCF0431.png

DSCF0471.png

DSCF0478.png

DSCF0504.png

DSCF0508.png

DSCF0510.png

DSCF0526.png

DSCF0529.png

DSCF0548.png

DSCF0556.png

DSCF0566.png

DSCF0581.png

The Video

It’s pretty obvious now probably but I have started posting some of the video clips that I have taken from explores. They are not meant to be BBC worthy or even close to it, just something a little extra.

The website URLs on my images here and shown on the video take you to a site that is currently under construction. I’m hoping to have this finished this week so please just ignore those bits for now!

Thanks again!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUrc_1354OY"]Hartridge High School Urbex[/ame]

More can be seen by CLICKING HERE!

Last edited:
Very nice ,you have captured it well.Good pics.

Thanks very much :) It was actually hard work because they had a very large removal company in at the same time to empty and recycle all of the old furniture. Lots of waiting around for people to move!

I should have added that the school had 3 sections, all containing 4 floors & basements, including a "lower school" for the young guns. On the last day of school, students wrote messages to staff on the walls, white boards, chairs, windows - everything really!

I wonder what this room was? It seems strange that theres so much graffiti that looks like it was done whilst the school was still open?

Great report btw! Looks like a cracking place to explore!

This room was behind one of the stages so probably would have been the drama class. The graffiti was a bit of both. Some of it was there from when the school was open but 99% of it was good bye messages written on the last day.

Glad you like the report, it was an easy one - being invited helped that mind!

cracking report and fab photos..

Thanks very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Sort of, it's on the same road but I wouldn't say it was close to it. It's up on a hill if you were looking from the road

Thanks very much! Really does mean alot :)

It sits on a hill on the road into newport from J24 of the M4.

I went to school there some 40yrs ago...... photos bring back some memories..... good and some not so good. lets say it was a school of hard knocks.... it taught me some survival skills.... lol.

It sits on a hill on the road into newport from J24 of the M4.

I went to school there some 40yrs ago...... photos bring back some memories..... good and some not so good. lets say it was a school of hard knocks.... it taught me some survival skills.... lol.

I got the feeling it's had a few trouble makers in it's time there and I'm glad to hear that my photographs have brought some good memories back, after all, that's the whole reason of posting them online so that people can find them.

Have to say mind, the new school looks very nice! I wasn't allowed to photograph it for some reason but it's very nice.

Back