Redmire Water Treatment Works..Sheffield, May 2021

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Redmire resevoirs webuilt to supply clean drinking water to Sheffield. Consisting of three reservoirs, the upper, middle and lower, quite simple names really. These three resevoirs were fed by small streams. There are two treatment plants below the lower reservoirs. One is an Art Deco looking building with nice glass blocks in the roof. This one was built in 1950 and was later replaced in the 80s by a more modern plant to produce better drinking water as the old plant was not good enough to produce the quality needed. The water was then piped to the old treatment works to be filtered.
Visited with the usual two friends, we went the more modern one. It's in a bit of a state, well both plants are, and it looked like someone had been doing some massive fly tipping there. It was still an enjoyable visit and still some nice bits to see and a nice setting. Even had a shock walking around the corner and seeing my mate doing a naked selfie in the shower block.
image.jpeg
image (1).jpeg

image (23).jpeg

image (3).jpeg

image (4).jpeg
image (5).jpeg
image (6).jpeg
image (7).jpeg
image (8).jpeg
image (9).jpeg
image (10).jpeg
image (11).jpeg

image (12).jpeg

When we approached the old block it has a sold sign on the board near the gate. Could not get an external due to the heavens opening up.
I remember seeing old reports when it was in good condition with more stuff in. Shame it's not like that now.

image (14).jpeg
image (15).jpeg
image (16).jpeg
image (17).jpeg
image (18).jpeg
image (19).jpeg
image (20).jpeg
image (21).jpeg
image (22).jpeg

Attachments

• image (13).jpeg
    image (13).jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 0
Man that looked really good back in the day. I still haven't been here but don't know if its worth the effort these days

Latest posts

Back