Scottish mines and tunnels

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickMak

Reaction score
I have been searching for mines and tunnels around cental Scotland for a good few years now. We don't have too many decent mines left to explore most of them are filled in or flooded and need scooba gear to go in. Has anyone any little gems I've not considered yet šŸ¤” it's about that time of year to get out and about exploring and am looking for inspiration. Be happy to share some good places to visit in return šŸ™ƒ

Nope, I have mines pretty much everywhere else but only the one in Scotland which Im sure u will have.

Nope, I have mines pretty much everywhere else but only the one in Scotland which Im sure u will have.
Pretty sad that all of our mines are unaccessible šŸ˜¢ there is loads of them on mine registry maps and 90% of them have been built over. I sometimes think of all the underground voids that lay sealed up just at the entrance and still lay unexplored. I have two on the list fairly close to me that I've yet to attempt after that I've run out of ideas. Spent a full day out looking for one two days ago and failed to find it. I'm pretty sure there is now a landfill right over where the entrance was šŸ˜Ŗ ended up going to an roc bunker instead. I've yet to go really far up north im pretty sure there may be some hidden gems up that direction still šŸ¤ž

I've spent some time over the years looking for Scottish mines. There are still one or two of them out there. Here's an extensive one that you may have heard of:

Back