Severalls Mental Asylum - May 2014 - Pic Heavy!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome pics mockingbird, rather amusing hearing you and a few others were down there this month, me and a group of mates were there sunday morning for a look around. although couldn't get any good pics due to it being between 1 and 4 in the morning :p

Awesome pics mockingbird, rather amusing hearing you and a few others were down there this month, me and a group of mates were there sunday morning for a look around. although couldn't get any good pics due to it being between 1 and 4 in the morning :p

should of hung about till 5 :) cheers!

wow... really... man wish I had stayed now although we couldnt stay too much longer as mate of mine managed to cut his hand on some glass (Dopey ****) and unfortunately was leaving a nice trail of blood behind him lol.

Been to this place a few times, always amazes me and yet i haven't made it to the water tower. That's my goal to climb up the water tower. Have any of you guys been up there? I have read on Colchesters council sites that they are now rushing planning through for Severalls. They also mentioned that the housing firm that is looking to purchase Severalls have submitted planning and was agreed. Colchester council are looking for demolition to start anytime from June onwards. I've been 4 times and 1 of the time our group was caught by security. Also how do you guys find security there? i found them to be rude, intimidating and just generally don't like the visitors Severalls gets. So whats your view on security? (maybe i just had a moody security guard lol)

Been to this place a few times, always amazes me and yet i haven't made it to the water tower. That's my goal to climb up the water tower. Have any of you guys been up there? I have read on Colchesters council sites that they are now rushing planning through for Severalls. They also mentioned that the housing firm that is looking to purchase Severalls have submitted planning and was agreed. Colchester council are looking for demolition to start anytime from June onwards. I've been 4 times and 1 of the time our group was caught by security. Also how do you guys find security there? i found them to be rude, intimidating and just generally don't like the visitors Severalls gets. So whats your view on security? (maybe i just had a moody security guard lol)

Treat security nice, you should get the same response back, I dont recall anyone having issues with security at severalls, as for the water tower its all locked up an I think one of the security guards have said if anyone is seen up there, he would call the police instantly. Just a heads up

We was nice to the security that found us. I think he was having a bad day. He called the police anyway and they met us at the gates. He tried to get the police to take our ladder as well. Have you been up the water tower? if we was found out there what can police do really? its a civil trespass matter so. Did you have to give details to the security? the police asked if it was alright if he gave our details to the security. I obviously said no.

The Security Guard at Sevs is a really nice bloke, you couldn't ask to be tracked and caught by a better person than him. He's almost part of the Sevs experience. I feel cheated if I've been to Sevs and not had a chat with him at the end :)

The tower and the Admin Block are the two listed parts that should remain after the demolition, hence these are always sealed tight and looked after. Unless you're one of the people who break in then access is usually closed.

Great shots! Thinking about setting off to this place. I have a interest in old hospitals/asylums. Used to be quite a few in Norwich but they are all slowly being knocked down :(

Back