Still here, Conference Centre and other stuff relating to Northants urbex

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger Exploration

Reaction score
For those aware the Kettering Conference Centre has partially closed as far as I can see. Jem's Diner is being demolished/renovated and of course I am still here. Just that their has not been the weather for the urbexes that I have planned for 2023.

2022 was a ram-packed year for me doing 10 urbexes alone that year. I do have a plan to return to the Santa Pod Scrappy or Dumpimg Ground as some of you called it but you have to have a sense of humour. I did have RAF Kings Cliffe and Overstone Manor planned but demolition had begun when I finally got round to doing Overstone and we just have not had the weather (Great British summertime).

All of the sites that were are now dropping like flies so it is harder to find anywhere. I also have college three days a week and one more thing is that Badger Exploration will be changing the name to Badger Urbex if possible.

Have they really started demolishing Overstone? I thought they had blocked planning to demolish.
Bad weather is the best time to explore, there is generally noone about.

still loads of places to explore, just in northants apart from power station we have just about every type of explore going.
Kings cliffe is still totally explorable & the pump hs the other side of village is nice but is slowly falling down.
Dont bother trying collyweston bomb store now, there is a business set up in there mow.

I also have college three days a week and one more thing is that Badger Exploration will be changing the name to Badger Urbex if possible.
Ideally don't call yourself "Exploring with Badgers" otherwise you'll be doomed to posting clickbait videos on YouTube! The Exploring With... tag is a dead giveaway.

Joking apart, things tend to go in cycles and an area that had quite a few derelict buildings at one point will change over the years until they become thin on the ground.

Always fancied seeing Santa Pod, but it's a long way from home for me..

Ideally don't call yourself "Exploring with Badgers" otherwise you'll be doomed to posting clickbait videos on YouTube! The Exploring With... tag is a dead giveaway.

Joking apart, things tend to go in cycles and an area that had quite a few derelict buildings at one point will change over the years until they become thin on the ground.

Always fancied seeing Santa Pod, but it's a long way from home for me..
not much there tbh its more of a gypsy dumping ground than anything lol.
The remaining raf buildings are a mess because of the above. The control tower is quite cool but is now a house.

Havent found anything in the woods on other side of runway myself but you would think there must be bunkers etc there

That's a pity about Santa Pod, I enjoy motorsports and years ago I bought a photography book about abandoned racing circuits eg. Brooklands and Reims, so always on the lookout for others to have a poke around. There are a few former airfield cum racing circuits down your neck of the woods, I must make the trek down and have a look at them.

I think I recall seeing that Rockingham was disused at one point too?

That's a pity about Santa Pod, I enjoy motorsports and years ago I bought a photography book about abandoned racing circuits eg. Brooklands and Reims, so always on the lookout for others to have a poke around. There are a few former airfield cum racing circuits down your neck of the woods, I must make the trek down and have a look at them.

I think I recall seeing that Rockingham was disused at one point too?
Rockingham.has closed as a venue but is being used by businesses now, they r storing & / or testing vehicles there or some such thing

Back