Willington Power Station, Derby March 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dystopia

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I stalk the fringes of humanity and dwell amongst
Visited with Evil Noodle, Ceejam and a lovable staffy dog. :) These cooling towers were amazing and were set in some lovely wasteland that contained not only pretty rusty things but also lots of bunnies that I startled a few times! :D

Willington Power Station is great to look at but the biggest fun is experimenting with the wonderful acoustics in the towers. If this place was on my door step I'd probably spend unhealthy amounts of time lying under them and clicking at the hole above...to the disappointment of my parents who hate both my habit of roaming wastelands and investigating my environment with sound. For those of you unable to produce loud tongue clicks, any other forms of bangs or clicks will also provide you with hours of amusement.

Sweet doggy. <3
derbyandlocalwastelands003.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands005.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands013.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands089.jpg

I love random ponds..don't you? There were water boatmen living in here and probably all other manner of fascinating insects.
derbyandlocalwastelands074.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands075.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands029.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands031.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands056.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands032.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands044.jpg

derbyandlocalwastelands093.jpg

These were like high rise flats for bunnies! :D
derbyandlocalwastelands098.jpg

To see the rest, go HERE.

Nice photos! Did you discover the underground room on the grounds? Also, I love the echo you get in those towers, there's on inparticular one which is just incredible :mrgreen:

Cool stuff, looks like you had a nice day for it. Always seemed to be really bleak and windswept whenever i've been lol.

Great images Dystopia - I love these monstrous towers. They look amazing on the landscape.

Thanks, all :mrgreen:

Burtonbrewery, you also have some great photos :) I particularly love the one with one of the towers and the mist, very atmospheric!

Back