Sandsend Tunnel revisited

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultrix

Reaction score
Yesterday, Phill.d, Awwrisp and I had a day trip to the seaside, we visited Kettleness Tunnel. We arrived at the north portal of Kettleness tunnel late in the afternoon. After walking through the tunnel Phill.d and Awwrisp returned more slowly through the tunnel, taking photgraphs. Phill.d will be posting his photographs soon.
Despite the very dense vegetation in the cutting between Kettleness tunnel and Sendsend tunnel, I decided to visit the north portal of sandsend tunnel. I wanted to see the state of the portal, after the earthquake earlier this year. I had visited the south portal of Sandsend tunnel earlier this year but didn't have didn't have a torch with me.

The south portal of Kettleness portal;
rimg0155jn8.jpg

The north portal of Sandsend tunnel;
rimg0158nc1.jpg

rimg0159go7.jpg

rimg0162gy6.jpg

Since I had plenty of time, I did a solo trip through Sandsend tunnel and took a photograph from the top of the wall at the south portal;
rimg0164ke4.jpg

Thanks to Phill.d and Awwrisp for their company and thanks to a local underground expert for his advice about local conditions;
rimg0152wq7.jpg

Latest posts

Back