1934 Little Palladian house - Malaysia 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raz333

Reaction score
This is my 2nd visit to this little house a year after my initial explore to see how the old girl is holding up.
The building was originally constructed for a Chinese family and uses many design and decorative elements from
eastern and western influences.

This time round this little home is in a pretty bad way with her floor boards now rotting fast and even the entire
upper floor structure looking a bit out of whack. I wouldn't be surprised if the upper storey will collapse completely
within the next couple of years.

The stigma of it allegedly being a "murder house" has in many ways helped save it from scrap thieves and other
low lifes, but at the same time also scared off would be persons or groups who could save this building from the
total ruin it's headed for right now.

palladian1.png

palladian2.png

palladian3.png

palladian4.png

palladian5.png

palladian6.png

palladian7.png

palladian8.png

palladian9.png

I love the porte cochere, looks like you can rig up a hammock and have a lazy afternoon in the cool breeze :)

thanks for the comments guys.

The porte cochere is indeed an interesting feature, normally of course you see this part of the house
as a dedicated carriage or car porch. The original owner really had his own ideas and created a very
unique punchy little house by 1930's Malaya standards. A real gem.

As for being known as the "murder house", allegedly the original owner was killed inside the house.
Because of this, the property has become a draw for occult groups who have drawn weird symbols on
the walls trying to raise the dead or something.

With the belief systems as they are out here, locals have a real fear of this place and hence why
it has largely sat here untouched.

Last edited:
You know Raz, if you visit here every year for the next 5 or so years you'll have a really interesting photo-documentary on this house :idea:

Raz,

A question about the building methodology / style. Is it customary or traditional for structures such as this house for the ground floor level to be so well constructed and the upper floor level to be "not so well" constructed? Obviously a lot of time and expense went into building the lower level and not as much into the top level (concrete vs wood).

Latest posts

Back