A1 ruined Churches (image intensive)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infraredd

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
More ruined churches.
1st up
All saints church, Denton
The history is well covered by Alex76 here

[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=25982[/ame]

As I finished up a bloke on a sit on mower with a face like a hen's ass started to mow round the entrance.
Didn't even get a grunt out of him - friendly place!
Pictures

Entrance

All saints church, Denton 1 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Side

All saints church, Denton 2 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Back

All saints church, Denton 4 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Tower

All saints church, Denton 3 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Internals

All saints church, Denton 5 by Infraredd, on Flickr

All saints church, Denton 6 by Infraredd, on Flickr

All saints church, Denton 7 by Infraredd, on Flickr

All saints church, Denton 8 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Gravestones

All saints church, Denton 9 by Infraredd, on Flickr

All saints church, Denton 11 by Infraredd, on Flickr

All saints church, Denton 12 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Off down the A1 I saw this Rusting water tower and detoured to have a look.
As I was standing under this derelict water tower (a monument to RAF Connington) and getting up the courage to climb the ladder, I suddenly felt strange almost dizzy as if the ground was moving underneath me. I thought that's weird maybe it's an omen not to climb up. Then I noticed that the concrete plinth I was standing on was attached to the ladder but not the ground. I made the executive decision to move on!

Death wish by Infraredd, on Flickr

Back in my comfort zone I visited The ruined church at Ayot St Lawrence.
This has been posted before so I won't overkill on the history.
Suffice it to say the local landowner hated this place and had it artistically ruined so he didn't have to look at it from his stately home any more. He then built an ostentatious new one over in his fields but I'll deal with that later.

Entrance

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 1 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Side

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 2 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Rear

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 3 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Internals

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 4 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Blocked up spiral staircase

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 5 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Tower

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 6 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 7 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Thing

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 8 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Think this is for Holy Water so you can mark yourself with the sign of the cross as you enter.

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 9 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Graves

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 11 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin 12 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Bit of fun with Photoshop

Ayot St Lawrence Ruin extra by Infraredd, on Flickr

As I left I saw this across the field

Church of St Lawrence 1 by Infraredd, on Flickr

It's the new church the good folks of Ayot St Lawrence were gifted - over the top or what?

Church of St Lawrence 2 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Church of St Lawrence 3 by Infraredd, on Flickr

and finally Legless

Legless by Infraredd, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

have you got the pics without the effects ?

To Banshee
I use a converted Infra red Nikon D40x. The colours come from the camera sensors misinterpretation of what it was programmed to process ie full spectrum light. This camera & Nikons in general are apparently notorious for unpredictable colour processing once converted (I was warned) Infra red originally was only black and white film. Kodak marketed it and produced a colour slide film version (used on a Frank Zappa album cover if I remember) but it was rather crap with a green colour cast. When digital rolled out all the cameras were provided with a pass filter over the sensor. (This is the bit I had replaced.) The factory standard one blocks infra red and ultra violet to enhance the colours and saturation of visible light. When you get an i/r camera you set the colour balance not by pointing it at a white card but by pointing it at grass. The effect on all my current postings is called the goldie effect - orange skies & blue vegetation
As for the stuff I do in Photoshop once the images are on the computer..................

great stuff mate there is a nice little ruin church in bougton near northamton next time your down this way which is worth looking at

To Banshee
I use a converted Infra red Nikon D40x. The colours come from the camera sensors misinterpretation of what it was programmed to process ie full spectrum light. This camera & Nikons in general are apparently notorious for unpredictable colour processing once converted (I was warned) Infra red originally was only black and white film. Kodak marketed it and produced a colour slide film version (used on a Frank Zappa album cover if I remember) but it was rather crap with a green colour cast. When digital rolled out all the cameras were provided with a pass filter over the sensor. (This is the bit I had replaced.) The factory standard one blocks infra red and ultra violet to enhance the colours and saturation of visible light. When you get an i/r camera you set the colour balance not by pointing it at a white card but by pointing it at grass. The effect on all my current postings is called the goldie effect - orange skies & blue vegetation
As for the stuff I do in Photoshop once the images are on the computer..................

I hear that you can make an infra red cam out of virtually any digital camera, by removing the infra red filter from the sensor and then to increase the sensitivity to infra red cover the sensor with a piece of unexposed old film negative. I suppose if you had an old digi cam laying about it could be worth an experiment :)

I hear that you can make an infra red cam out of virtually any digital camera, by removing the infra red filter from the sensor and then to increase the sensitivity to infra red cover the sensor with a piece of unexposed old film negative. I suppose if you had an old digi cam laying about it could be worth an experiment :)

Yep it's possible - I think it's the processed almost black bit of the film that you put over the sensor.
Have you ever tried taking a digital camera apart?
I have - not a pretty sight - me or it!

Yep it's possible - I think it's the processed almost black bit of the film that you put over the sensor.
Have you ever tried taking a digital camera apart?
I have - not a pretty sight - me or it!

Oh so its the black bit , couldn't remember which way round it was.

Never tried to pull one to bits but can imagine botching it back together and seeing random little screws left over haha.

Latest posts

Back