Abandoned care home - March 24

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Go gentle...this is my first post! This is an abandoned care home not far from where I live; build 1915 as a private house and empty for a few years. It was sold a couple of years ago apparently but nothing seems to have happened much though there was a sizeable digger in the grounds and one of those workmen temporary bog/canteen units.
The Dementia wing is really suffering; lots of rain water damage but the main old part of the property is in relatively good nick. If it's left much longer though, it'll soon get more knackered. They've boarded some bits and not others and taken alot of the door frames out; not sure why that would be. The upside down bed was a bit weird though we suspected teenagers mucking around. Some patient notes still kicking about too.
It was quite a sad place to be.

Attachments

• dark, drippy hallway.jpg
    dark, drippy hallway.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 3
  • unnecessary grotty net curtains!.jpg
    unnecessary grotty net curtains!.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • stained glass on stair window.jpg
    stained glass on stair window.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • sky light.jpg
    sky light.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • room.jpg
    room.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • piano room.jpg
    piano room.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Outside.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • outside 2.jpg
    outside 2.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 0
  • Main Hall way.jpg
    Main Hall way.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 0
  • interior hallway.jpg
    interior hallway.jpg
    986.9 KB · Views: 0
  • fire place 2.jpg
    fire place 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • fire place .jpg
    fire place .jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 0
  • entrance vestibule stained glass.jpg
    entrance vestibule stained glass.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Dementia bed room with upside down bed.jpg
    Dementia bed room with upside down bed.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 0
  • bannister.jpg
    bannister.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
Go gentle...this is my first post! This is an abandoned care home not far from where I live; build 1915 as a private house and empty for a few years. It was sold a couple of years ago apparently but nothing seems to have happened much though there was a sizeable digger in the grounds and one of those workmen temporary bog/canteen units.
The Dementia wing is really suffering; lots of rain water damage but the main old part of the property is in relatively good nick. If it's left much longer though, it'll soon get more knackered. They've boarded some bits and not others and taken alot of the door frames out; not sure why that would be. The upside down bed was a bit weird though we suspected teenagers mucking around. Some patient notes still kicking about too.
It was quite a sad place to be.
I was there last week my video comes out a week on Friday on YouTube very interesting place indeed

thank you, nice photos, a good looking house and everyone here likes the beautiful stained glass.
'some patient notes still kicking about too...'
this makes me so mad. What about confidentiality and respect ? but it's common in abandoned NHS hospitals and facilities too. And in abandoned factories, with personal details about former employees scattered about.
sorry, rant over

Jeez, they’ve STILL not done anything with this? Went here over a year ago now and I really expected movement on this place by the summer. Do I smell something convenient is going to happen to this place for the developers?

Back