Abandoned hospital, essex

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi There, I'm a huge fan of this site and joined it today to comment on this. This isn't a hospital it is the Nurses home of a fomer Hospital I used to work in. It has been completely demolished. I lived in this nurses home for most of the 1990's in many different parts of the home. This part that is being shown was referred to as the 'H' block because, from above it is in the shape of a H... There were additional sections built on over the years. Picture 6 - office and organ was the original 'matrons' room which was huge when compared to the others. There was never a lift in the Nurses home and I suspect the machinery was for the swichboard room for the old hospital which was housed in the nurses home hence picture 13 - the old old old bleep system. The stair case was the entrance to the nurses after going through the huge doors. The pidgeon room was the old PTS building (preliminary training school) which was closed many years ago and housed the HR department. The reason why it's still here is it is listed and there were plans to refub' it into flats. Like many plans for other buildings on this site, they were left to rot beyond repair or they were arsoned. I could go on for hours about this place and it's history but I don't want to bore. I have some old pictures I took before the rest was demolished from a disposible camara which I'll look for. I know I'm new but if anyone is planning a re-visit I would dearly dearly love to go and could be your guide.. thanks. STU

Last edited:
Back