Abandoned houses and church December 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what i was thinking a very odd place for it in the middle of no were

Is there (or was there) a large manor or estate house nearby? A small church that has such grandiose external decoration is likely to have been built for the local gentry. Alternatively, if there is a village nearby then it may be that the village has "walked" through gradual decay and redevelopment. The village I used to live in was an example of this: the church that had once been in the centre of the village is now right on the edge, due to new roads and houses being built on one side and the other side being allowed to fall into desuetude (this was helped by the landowner back in the 19th Century, who fancied himself as a bit of an urban planner).

Is there (or was there) a large manor or estate house nearby? A small church that has such grandiose external decoration is likely to have been built for the local gentry. Alternatively, if there is a village nearby then it may be that the village has "walked" through gradual decay and redevelopment. The village I used to live in was an example of this: the church that had once been in the centre of the village is now right on the edge, due to new roads and houses being built on one side and the other side being allowed to fall into desuetude (this was helped by the landowner back in the 19th Century, who fancied himself as a bit of an urban planner).

im not sure about a manor house but there is a very small village close by. The road was badly flooded so we couldn't get up it with out a 4x4 got wet feet

thanks mate sorry im not able to discuss location or security info on this forum or will have my post removed

Back