Abandoned Slaughterhouse, Scotland - May 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a lot left but all of it is really old and probably not worth paying to get it disposed of but it could have been given to charity

How the hell do the metal fairies always find these sites first... I am guessing a few of them will be members for leads, which is why everything is kept hush hush and rightly so.

How the hell do the metal fairies always find these sites first... I am guessing a few of them will be members for leads, which is why everything is kept hush hush and rightly so.

To be fair, they make money by weighing in the scrap metal, and that's a stronger motivation to find places than those of us have who merely visit them as a hobby…

Great find here. Would be scary to see a slaughterhouse in action. Bit like that chunky chickens place, seen that at action and that was bad enough

Great find here. Would be scary to see a slaughterhouse in action. Bit like that chunky chickens place, seen that at action and that was bad enough

Paul McCartney said 'If Slaughterhouses were made of glass, we'd all be vegetarians!'
I've been veggie for years.

Excellent. Excellent but grim. I'm a vegetarian.
I'm amazed they left so much computer gear behind. I see the hard drives are still in place. Wonder what data is on them?

There looked like there was a fileserver in the IT room and there was Cat5e wiring throughout so I'm guessing they used a fileserver/active directory to store data centrally so they probably just contain Windows and a few programs

Latest posts

Back