Aboyne Station, Scotland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellycat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Just a quick pop in visit whilst I was passing Aboyne. They used to have a railway line there which ran up to Ballater and was used by Queen Victoria, but the line was dismantled many years ago.Although Ballatar station is a popular tourist attraction because of the visit by Queen Victoria, and has now been restored to its former glory, Aboyne still remains the lesser known. The former station is easy to find as it is now home to a few touristy shops, but there are still a few hidden gems lying around if you look hard enough.

OLD ABOYNE STATION AND HOW IT USED TO LOOK.

Image001.jpg

AND HOW IT LOOKS NOW. NOTICE THE TUNNEL IS STILL VISIBLE BUT BOARDED UP

DSC03026.jpg

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03012.jpg

ANOTHER OLD PHOTO OF THE PLATFORM

Image053.jpg

AND AS IT IS TODAY

DSC03009.jpg

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TUNNEL, NOW IN THE WOODS

DSC03015.jpg

THE OLD SIGNAL BOX

DSC03023.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Ah, that's really interesting, SP. Strangely enough, I discovered a derelict station today, but saw it whilst on a bus journey, so will be going back to take some pics at some point. I like the before and after pics. Nice one. :)

Nice one matey.

Looks like there is something serious going on in that tunnel, with that cctv over the main door, have you tried getting inside? Im curious now :p

Ah, that's really interesting, SP. Strangely enough, I discovered a derelict station today, but saw it whilst on a bus journey, so will be going back to take some pics at some point. I like the before and after pics. Nice one. :)

Foxylady, are you refering to me there (SP)?

Nice report Smellycat, and I notice the sig I suggested has been used.

wow dosent it look different great photos love old ralway stuff !

I'll let you off Foxylady. The inside of the tunnel is used by the Aboyne gun club now seemingly. I tried to get in but everything is padlocked up.

And quite right too. Can't have Aboyne's neds running around with assorted weaponry. :mad:

Mind you, they'd probably just smash them up anyhow. :mrgreen:

If we are being grammatically correct surely it is 'Are your caps lock stuck on'.

Lost is grammatically correct. You however are grammatically incorrect with that statement, as you have assumed that it is plural.

Latest posts

Back