Air Raid Shelter No.2, Devonport Park, Plymouth

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Badoosh that really is some Bunker mate! there is obviously a lot of history around Plymouth mate.:)

Thanks again for all the comments. It's ironic that there will be a WW2 day in the very same park later this year & that the discovery of the shelters hasn't been embraced by officials. Many locals would have encouraged a public display of the shelter rather than look at pictures or a video.

This shelter, along with 3 definite, possibly 2 more, still lies buried thankfully. For me, there would be nothing better than getting the community of Devonport together for just one day & getting them all involved in "a community dig". For just one day, forget all this H&S stupidity, & get the people involved, from the young who need better education about our heritage, to the old who experienced countless days & nights down shelters like this. I rest my case your honor!

Plymouth City Council really need to get their priority's straight with things like this.

Who in their right mind would demolish something of great importance to the people of Plymouth. Especially when it could have been resolved by something as simple as moving their plans a couple of feet out of the way of the shelter.

I really hope nothing happens along the same lines with any other shelters around plymouth.

Badoosh i think you have a good idea there about the other shelters. In the nr future it may be worth putting something together and forwarding it to the council, maybe get interest of the public that is needed for something like this.

good post, some nice images an a very interesting access... Seen the images an i know how you got in but still cant belive it bro! Good Work! :mrgreen:

Cheers dude, it was certainly the most interesting explore to date. Determination & perseverance got us there in the end. Another one to follow very soon ;)

Latest posts

Back