AKA Potters Manor - Nov 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TeeJF & Alt if you are heading down that way let me know I would love to meet up and indeed revisit the site of my first Urbex outing :)

Think I'd have to join you, been meaning to meet up with TJ and co for ages now:lol:

Good report, excellently captured

Found the garages, nowt else, also noted nearby there was a derelict farm, however we run out of light, and patience. Did we miss much. :(

There's quite a lot there, greenhouses mostly but also stables, a gardner's cottage, a rockery, fountain, outdoor pool, an avenue of pollarded trees and a pond with an island. Well worth a look but it took me a lot of fighting with brambles and nettles to get to them. The farm was the home farm of the estate, I took a look last time I was there and it was quite interesting (though empty apart from a knackered upright piano) but very rotten in places so I wouldn't trust the floors.

100_7956.jpg

100_7985.jpg

100_7981.jpg

As to the paperwork, one of my contacts tells me that some of it at least has been removed on behalf of the surviving relatives and/or executors.

Good report, excellently captured

There's quite a lot there, greenhouses mostly but also stables, a gardner's cottage, a rockery, fountain, outdoor pool, an avenue of pollarded trees and a pond with an island. Well worth a look but it took me a lot of fighting with brambles and nettles to get to them. The farm was the home farm of the estate, I took a look last time I was there and it was quite interesting (though empty apart from a knackered upright piano) but very rotten in places so I wouldn't trust the floors.
As to the paperwork, one of my contacts tells me that some of it at least has been removed on behalf of the surviving relatives and/or executors.

Cheers, may be worth another poke around if about, I found the pond with island, although this was dry.

Outbuildings

To be honest I missed them too but there are supposed to be several out buildings and at least one overgrown fountain. I think I need to pop down there for another look round at some point, just need to create a list of other things to see. Its a long way for one site :)

Hi matey, there are indeed other builidings all photographed by an eminent member of another forum I bumped into there but Ive never seen them spring up anywhere.
There is a couple of glasshouses,assorted sheds,water tank and pump,swimming pool and changing room and the fountain.
In a way I found them more interesting as they were new to me not having been in the numerous reports on the house itself.

The place has taken a beating , but still looks well worth a visit.
Great Pics Tank Indeed.
Two things id like to see.
Firstly Potter covered in snow.I think would look great :)
Secondly having now met you, is see you in stealth mode lol :p

Happy hunting every where

SK :)

Latest posts

Back