American Adventure - Ilkeston - Feb 2008 (pic heavy

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! Blast from the past or what!!

I remember going here when i was little, im 30 now lol!! got to have been 15 years ago, maybe even 20!

I couldnt believe the post when i saw it on here, i didnt even know it had closed down!!

Great pics, brings back some great memories :)

The ramp thing looks like it could have been something to do with the Krypton Factor assault course they once had. Shame to see the place close like others I have lods of memories from childhood visits.

Went to find the American Adventure site on Sunday however could not find an entrance into the park plus the sign on the fence said they were police dogs on the site..not sure if this is true or not.

Anyway took some good photos of the entrance and what I could see from around the edge which I will up load later.

It's not true, but they have ramped up security. If you walk around the fence, you will surely find a whole though. Most abandoned building supposedly contain police dogs, it is to scare people off.
Keep trying!

Welcome to the forum by the way Tory Girl and Esposa, have you done an introduction yet?

I went there years ago, I had no idea it'd even closed! I'll have to try and make a trip next time I'm on the road, I guess it's not too far from the M1.

plus tory girl there is a country park (shipley) that runs around the perimiter fence talk a walk all the way around....

But keep an eye on security, last time I tried walking around the outside I got followed by a bureaucrat-type in his security car. If you do try to get in, be discrete, and watch out for the patrols. A walk around the fence should suffice if you cannot pluck up the courage ;)

careful with the talk about security.... moderators don't like it (its the rules)

btw I love goading security teams, there usually not the sharpest tools in the box if you get what I mean.....:mrgreen:

T

I don't think it is in too much detail, just a warning (delete those posts if you disagree mods)

Yeah, security is not a job I'd fancy, you could get free access into abandoned places however...

Back