Another vintage scrapyard for Big Loada !

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiffy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Sorta local-ish to me is this dis-used scrapyard ....To my knowledge nothing has been done here for at least 5 years....Odd I know , what with the price of scrap metal these days but the owner is 'a trifle eccentric' and doesn't like to have much to do with anyone....Someone still visits the yard once or twice a week to feed a large colony of rather mangy pusscats that live amongst the scrap............In the middle of the yard is a lovely big old house that is almost un-approachable nowadays because of the extremely thick vegetation , there are also a collection of sheds but the place is really seriously overgrown..............
In the photos are various LandRovers , the remains of a RangeRover , various vans and cars and an old Ford excavator , the old crawler is a Massey Ferguson Traxcavator and sticking out above the bushes is the jib of an old Jones crane , the Harvey Frost Wrecking winch is also attached to a LandRover but everything in there is in a pretty crap state...
I'm not saying it's all a total loss mind but buying anything off the owner would be a near impossibility.....
I only had about 10 minutes there and the pics were done on my phone so I outta get back for a better investigation I suppose....:)
Hope this photo lark works ...here goes...
DSC00038.jpg

Unknown excavator possibly an early Poclain or summat like a Typo????
DSC00041.jpg

Same one , make still unknown ha! ha!

DSC00033.jpg

general view of junk

DSC00034.jpg

old Ford excavator

DSC00036.jpg

very shot up LandRover

DSC00042.jpg

my favourite , an old Massey Ferguson Traxcavator

DSC00048.jpg

Harvey Frost recovery crane on another rather buried Land Rover

DSC00046.jpg

the sort of entrance into the yard , beware the many mangy moggies……

Last edited:
cheers !:lol: I'll change em all tomorrow...! It'd taken me nearly 3 years to work out how to do that and I still got it wrong ! Aaaahhh ...a computer genius not in the making !:)

Done ! christ a mighty ! I did it !

Last edited:
I loved reading your description of the place. I'd like to explore somewhere like this at night time, during winter, just to scare myself stupid! :mrgreen:

The pics are great, would be nice to see some more.

I like this too. Love the exgavator and the travegator (don't think i've spelt it right, but you know what I mean lol). Looks like a good place to rummage through. How long have those car's been there? by the look of the bodywork on the rusted ones, looks like they've been there for donkey's years.

Cheers, nice find,

:) Sal

Ace! It never ceases to amaze me what people leave lying around. The stuff in there must be worth something. The machine in pic 1 - I saw something similar abandoned in Normandy last year. It was stuck up to the cab in a bog. :mrgreen:
I noticed the razor wire in pic 2. You don't want to snag your trousers on that!
I don't think we have anything like that up here in the North East, but I could be wrong!

Latest posts

Back