Apollo..Scotland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re. the picture frames, good luck to them, I guess not many will have got the chance to see their little exhibition because demo is now in full swing, according to my spies..

Last edited:
Re. the picture frames, good luck to them, I guess not many will have got the chance to see their little exhibition because demo is now in full swing, according to my spies..

yes i know Mate they where all held in place by 3 magnets a piece who ever left them i believe has been chased as no reason to not leave them Mikey and your the only one who done a report could put up what the rear site was like ?

Is demo in full swing? I popped by a the other week, the road I was gonna park on was icy as fuck so lost my temper and went elsewhere, didn't get a chance to get back. Had a good look at the place from the top of the hill, couldn't see any demo going on. Not doubting what you are saying, I'm not up the road that much so have to make the most of my time, its a genuine question!

Great Photos Mikey, cracking range of stuff from the industrial to the office.

I found that exhibition as well on my visit. Maybe the photographer left it there to see what would happen.

091F3l.jpg

Last edited:
Is demo in full swing? I popped by a the other week, the road I was gonna park on was icy as fuck so lost my temper and went elsewhere, didn't get a chance to get back. Had a good look at the place from the top of the hill, couldn't see any demo going on. Not doubting what you are saying, I'm not up the road that much so have to make the most of my time, its a genuine question!

Aye mate it's being very quickly chomped up, starting at the front of the site and working back to where the old powerstation used to stand. They park the plant up toward the entrance at the end of the day for security as there's pikies moving around the site all hours of the day. And night. I know who the exhibition belongs to. Not sure if the chap is on here but he's heavily active on Facepuke, I presume you were on the site the same day Mikey? Didn't quite get it to be honest.

Nice pics of what was left though. Did you not do the labs?

Thank you..i have never seen this till now but I know someone was on about doing a gallery here and was to be his own thing that maybe a few people might see as they have and make them think as it did.he was not chased I am sure.i have seen a report from the rear bit on another site looked mint

Not doubting what you are saying, I'm not up the road that much so have to make the most of my time, its a genuine question!

That's no bother, I realise you're genuine. As Mr Scattergun says it's disappearing as we speak, mainly in order to deprive the local copper fairies of their treasure and the local firebugs of stuff to burn. I've been a couple of times in the last few weeks, spent a while in the archive but missed the hipster photogallery installation.

Thank you..i have never seen this till now but I know someone was on about doing a gallery here and was to be his own thing that maybe a few people might see as they have and make them think as it did.he was not chased I am sure.i have seen a report from the rear bit on another site looked mint

Well to be honest it was a pain in the Ass Mikey as i went there to get the fan not a Art gallery that's in a pile of scrap metal. By all means do it for yourself but take it with you the whole point is to see the site not someone elses European art shots !

Might sound harsh only being honest

Last edited:
I didn't have any issue with the gallery thing, just didn't understand the point. All that money wasted on frames and prints and the effort prepping them to leave in a demolition site to become landfill a fortnight later. Just in case someone, who takes exactly the same pictures, might see it. Not to cause offence but the only thought it provoked in me was 'what a waste of time and money'.

I can understand where you are coming from if you want a shot in there as no one really knew about that bit �� and it's a cracking shot.personally scattergun it's not something I would want to do personally but I guess he had his reasons.whatever they may be

Maybe the set up in there was just to get a shot of a surreal exhibition, maybe they were shooting a movie or an advert or something, video or stills. Maybe the expense was just part of the overall cost of doing the project. No one complains about the cost of an Aston Martin when they trash one in a James Bond film, they make a lot more money than the cost of the car. Looks like this might have taken several people to

I bet it cost a lot more to travel around Europe shooting the pictures, than the cost of the frames.

It does seem a bit selfish of the photographer to basically take over the room rather than leave it as it was, so other explorers can get the shot, but that's not much different to the other undesirables who trash locations and steal stuff, nothing stays the same.

I guess the photographer might be expecting someone to trash the exhibition, that's usually what happens in derps. Maybe he would return to photograph its demise as part of the project/movie/advert or whatever strangeness they were up to. Personally I wouldn't want to judge without having more facts.

Brilliant response..even though it is something I would not do and can understand it from both points I think it's pretty cool and different and I showed the girlfriend she thought it was great and did laugh.its nice to see something different

Isn't that the point of an art exhibition or installation however? To judge? That's what people do. Beauty, skill, inherent meaning, uniqueness, fulfilled intent, it's all personal judgement. When I looked through the pictures I could certainly appreciate them with these aspects in mind but no more than I appreciate my own, on account that I'm an urban explorer and therefore take much the same pictures myself.

When a movie production company destroys an expensive car they don't complain about the cost because its destruction serves to net a monetary gain at the box office on the movies release. Could that have been the photographers intention in this case? If so how? I digress, I don't consider myself an artist. Or a photographer so to speak. Just a bloke with a camera who takes pictures of derelict buildings. Perhaps the real intention was to create a talking point, even if it was just to ask the question why. In which case it's a success. Perhaps I'll just never get it.

If there's any irony at all though it's that the combined cost of the frames, the prints and the travel to get them to their final destination would have paid a large part of the cost of a euro trip, if not all of it.

Last edited:
Well you are spot on mate it certainly set up an interesting debate.been some interesting comments I never expected to see them there and was quite a shock to see that pic.males a refreshing change eh.well guess you will have to edit them out of your pic or slowly take them down :emmersed:

Well you are spot on mate it certainly set up an interesting debate.been some interesting comments I never expected to see them there and was quite a shock to see that pic.males a refreshing change eh.well guess you will have to edit them out of your pic or slowly take them down :emmersed:

I enjoy a bit of friendly debate in a thread from time to time. It's a bit more engaging than the usual 'nice pictures' and 'looks a good mooch' comments. It also gets me a bit more involved with the forum platform.

I was going to make a bad joke about mass debates but I decided against it.

I guess it's not really much different to graffiti, that costs a fair amount in cans and is time limited / transient in the same way.

Yeah deffi make a nice change and it keeps the forum healthy I think long as they don't get nasty and bitter.luckily it's not like that on here..if I remember rightly krela some of the proper graffiti spray cans can cost a fair whack each

Yeah deffi make a nice change and it keeps the forum healthy I think long as they don't get nasty and bitter.luckily it's not like that on here..if I remember rightly krela some of the proper graffiti spray cans can cost a fair whack each

Really depends which brand, and sometimes colour, but a piece can cost anything from £30-£150.

Back