Art Deco Building, San Fernando, Trinidad, W.I.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Art Deco Building, San Fernando, Trinidad, W.I.

One of me fave buildings I saw in the South of the Island :)
Only external pics due to being only passing through.

dscn1161.png

dscn1164.png

Haven't a clue as to the former use / history, but would say this was built in the 1920's or 1930's, perhaps as a Factory or Office use?

Thanks for looking :)

Boy you really do get around LB :mrgreen:

This is the old WASA (Water & Sewage Authority) building on the corner of Sutton Street and Irving Street opposite Irving Park. WASA moved out in 1995 and the ground floor was supposedly rented to a lawyer. The "talk" is that the neighbouring bakery purchased the building for abt TT$3 million (approx US$ 476,000) in 1997/98 and the place has been abandoned since then.

Boy you really do get around LB :mrgreen:

This is the old WASA (Water & Sewage Authority) building on the corner of Sutton Street and Irving Street opposite Irving Park. WASA moved out in 1995 and the ground floor was supposedly rented to a lawyer. The "talk" is that the neighbouring bakery purchased the building for abt TT$3 million (approx US$ 476,000) in 1997/98 and the place has been abandoned since then.

That's great TP -thanks very much for this information. The building suddenly has new meaning when ya know it's former use :)

Latest posts

Back