Barne Barton Primary School - Plymouth

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burt.Plymouth

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to my first ever report! Please excuse the poor photo's, I had a Canon Powershot S1 IS which decided not to work on the day, so had to use my mothers A430 (or something) - I now have an EOS 400d :)

Righty, as for history, I cant seem to find a lot about this, I used to attend here and left when I was a "big boy" and went to "BIG SCHOOL"

The School website is still active http://www.barnebarton.plymouth.sch.uk/index.html and doesnt show that the school is closed and merging with another school, to a brand new custom built school earlier this year. If I can dig anymore info out I will post it up.

Access was easy, I was driving past and spotted they were pulling it down, so drove up the ramp where I was confronted by 2 site workers, and a security guard. I explained that I used to attend and just wanted a quick look, the 2 guys from the demo works were happy and left me with security! We had a chat about the place for a while, I then asked if it was possible to come back with a camera tonight, he didnt have any problems with that :) So I dragged the girlfriend along too!

Pretty stripped out inside, however there were lots of smashed computers, and things like books, paper, tables, chairs etc which were all left behind, just because they were going to a new school, why not let a charity come & take them, or donate them to another local school.

Seems it was upper class, there were brackets for smart boards in almost all rooms. BT fiber optic feed, a server room, I dont remember it being that good, but then it was atleast 13 years ago I left !

Looking upto the school from the gates
BarneBarton119.jpg

Looking at the school from the playground, the assembly hall & canteen have already gone.
BarneBarton002.jpg

Side View, This would have been the assembly hall.
BarneBarton023.jpg

I think this used to be the access into the canteen
BarneBarton034.jpg

Dont forget your P.E Kit..... I never remembered mine, and a hard hat, steel toe capped boots & hi-viz would be more suited to this visit
BarneBarton038.jpg

Spare P.E Kit, If anyone needs some....?
BarneBarton026.jpg

Seems to be the "IN" Thing, getting shots of bogs..... So here are two...
BarneBarton047.jpg

BarneBarton057.jpg

Do not block fire exits
BarneBarton073.jpg

Temp Class Room
BarneBarton011.jpg

Remains of a temp class
BarneBarton017.jpg

Nursary
BarneBarton059.jpg

Inside Nursary
BarneBarton102.jpg

Tiny sinks..... I remember these being really high last time I was there!
BarneBarton103.jpg

Security
BarneBarton068.jpg

Time to leave. Please close the gate on your way out
BarneBarton118.jpg

Thanks for reading, please give feedback of any sort, As said the pics arn't the best, but now I've got an EOS....... :)

Really good first report!

I bet it was weird walking around your old school! :)

Latest posts

Back