Barrow Gurney Mental Hospital - PICTURE INTENSIVE!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its even more smashed to hell now thanks to i can only assume kids. There was a local on site who said permission has finally gone through for 43 sheltered houses for old dears....Sounds like its days are numbered...

As long as the bats are in residence they can only build where they've already flattened it, so at best it's only going to be a partial development for a good while longer yet. But if they have finally managed to get the bats to re-home in the purpose built bathouses it will be a different matter.

Excellent report, TeeJF. I know it's sometimes extremely difficult to gather info on a location and I like to see as much as poss, so 10 out of 10 for your efforts on your write up of this one!
I've never visited this site, but the sloping corridor looks kind of familiar, was it used as a film location when the place was open? I'm thinking something like The Singing Detective?

hi great pics we went there last week alot of buildings pulled down and i researched that there are plans to build on the site so may not be ther to explore much longer

hi great pics we went there last week alot of buildings pulled down and i researched that there are plans to build on the site so may not be ther to explore much longer

There's been plans to build on the site since it closed, that was always the plan. The problem is that the bridge over the dual carriage way isn't strong enough to carry much traffic so the amount they can redevelop the site is limited.

That being said the current plan seems to have found favour with North Somerset Council for now, so it's possible. Then again so have a few previous plans that haven't happened. only time will tell.

Either way it's not THAT exciting a site, and frankly it needs something happening to it.

What an amazing site! its huge! i just wish that it wasnt so bloody far away! awsome pics! well done!

Bracknell to Bristol isn't far! We went down from Lancashire to do it! ;-) get your arse in gear and do if before it disspears or gets as bad as St. Augustines! Thanks for your kind comments.

Fantastic report both spent most the afternoon reading it. Looking back at all your adventures your starting to set the next level of reports! Many thanks GF. :mrgreen:

Wow! Cheers fellas! Just happy you've enjoyed them. We've been rather quiet of late because we've been doing stuff already heavily reported and we didn't want to just put up "repeats". Hopefully we will have something new shortly!

All the best and thanks again.

M and T

Wow, how did I miss this report??? :confused:

Stunning report, and fantastic pics....makes me want to see this place soooooo bad! ;)

75811429_1006_FT232894_holy_thread_revival_batman_.jpg

Back