BlobbyLand, Cricket St Thomas.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the general setting of Blobbyland was a wildlife park afterwards and now a hotel. Or is that somewhere else?

That's the one. Blobbyland was very much off to the side as a separate venture though.

wot an unusual report:)....smashing shots of a charactor that annoyed EVERYONE in the 90's, i hated him.....big, fat, spotty, all that horrific squealing, the blundering bearded tosser....oh and ofcoarse then there's that dam mr blobby that made noel edmunds almost bareable:mrgreen:

thanks for sharin ur mooch....now flatten it:mrgreen:

I thought the general setting of Blobbyland was a wildlife park afterwards and now a hotel. Or is that somewhere else?

Cricket St. Thomas was a wildlife park long before the Blobby invasion. The people of Chard and other places in the area held their heads in collective shame when this 'feature' showed up. It was because Edmonds had put money into the park that he was able to build it at all. IIRC he effectively owned the entire estate at one point.

To be fair, his money helped a lot of animals who were otherwise doomed until he got involved. So was it about saving the park animals, or blatant publicity for his latest character? only he knows. The fact is that the park survived (at least for a while) because of his cash injection, so I have mixed feelings.

I think visiting this place will rank highly on my life goals from now on...Thanks for posting!

Latest posts

Back