BOCM Disused Pig testing facility, Terrick *Very pic heavy*

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great site! must get an explore in before its all gone.
If the tyres are ok on that trailer, I'm sure it needs a good home ;) would it roll out dya think ?

I'm really glad you guys liked it, thanks for the positiveness, its been poo pooed pretty bad on 28 days later.

I might brave the upstairs of the house if I have someone there, theres a ladder going up there. the stairs are burnt away.

Houses have been rejected 3 or 4 times on this plot, but you know, they WILL be built eventually. In response to questions, the site is 13 hectares. If anyone wants to know details of the area just ask (is this allowed? Im new, and cant quite remeber if I can say)

Last edited:
As requested, here is more!

Fireextinguishers.jpg

VERY old strike type fire extinguishers

AUT_0513.jpg

Childs toy? Dumped? how did it get here?

AUT_0480.jpg

Ventalation fan

AUT_0450.jpg

The summer house that had the loo in it, strangley NOT vandalised

AUT_0449.jpg

Seems a little utilitarion for the private part of the house? Maybe for workers as well, as there was other feeding sheds in the garden area of the house.

AUT_0429.jpg

Window in the toilet block

AUT_0494.jpg

AUT_0499.jpg

AUT_0520.jpg

AUT_0506.jpg

AUT_0504.jpg

AUT_0496.jpg

AUT_0472.jpg

AUT_0463.jpg

Fairly recent, and lying infront of the house!

AUT_0502.jpg

AUT_0503.jpg

I found some weird electric things hanging from the ceiling!! At pig head level too! .

These are probably IR Heaters over the farrowing pens, or hanging from the ceiling of a room used for farrowing. With sows producing large numbers of piglets, they need to be kept warm initially.

Lol yes I geuss your right, just adding to the erieness. These were connected to a box that said temperature, with a gauge, it looked digital, but digital gauges in a place that shut in 1980 something? Maybe not. Ill look again sometime.

I visited the site with permission, to film my music video. Apparently it actually shut in 1983, and before it closed, it had 80 employees, according to a local man, whose father was a manager on site, said when he was a child he used to visit the site on weekends because they had a billiards room, a cricket court and a social club with bar, canteen and rest areas!!! He said he was happy to see it being used, and that he simply couldnt bear to go there and see it in the state it is, so despite living mere 50 or so feet off the permiter, has not been there in years.

The man who I bumped into last week is a neighbourhood watch man (or something like that), and queried our permission on the phone and found we had been granted, so was happy for us to be there, what we thought was thw caretakers house, was actually a small farm called "longacre", it farmed chickens, pigs and stabled horses, but is accesible from the BOCM site, who apprently also fed chickens but mainly pigs.

What an orgy in info! I also found, that they had pikeys on site in 2004 for three weeks, lots of squatters throughout the years and general vandalism from kids.

Latest posts

Back