Brading Reservior, Isle of Wight - Nov 07

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Mole

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Yet another site Ive visited a few times now, but last time was with Timtom.

Its a disused Victorian reservior that used the feed the town of Brading and surrounding villages, but a new one nearby has replaced it.

On with the pics;

msoCD9B3.jpg

I scanned this in from the local newspaper, some bright spark wanted to turn it into an underground cafe :confused:

PICT4957a.jpg

Daytime shot, its all uncovered now due to the above paper report.

PICT4956a.jpg

One of the 4 vents on the top.

Inside;

DSCF0684a.jpg

Entry hatch and a rather large ball valve system.

PICT4946a.jpg

The curved sidewall.

PICT4947a.jpg

Some of the many pillars.

PICT4924a.jpg

Pillar and concaved side wall.

DSCF0685a.jpg

Pillar base.

PICT4949a.jpg

Lovely enamelled brick floor.

DSCF0711a.jpg

And again.

DSCF0702a.jpg

One of the many spiders that now call this place home.

spider2a.jpg

And another.

spider3a.jpg

Hope your not squiemish :p

PICT4953a.jpg

Not 100% sure what this was, but I think the top pivoted on a float device, telling you the water level.

DSCF0743a.jpg

Night time shot.

Nice one matey! :p Would make a cool little underground house :lol: Thanks for taking me anyway..:mrgreen:

I think it would be cool (in both meanings ;))to have an underground house, but you wouldnt get much light, unless you installed some of them sun light tube things :)
You proberbly wouldnt have much of a problem getting permission for an extension tho ;)
And no I dont mean in a Fritzel way...:neutral:

Wow I am totally envious of you! I dream of finding an underground disused resevoir. It looks incredible.

Thanks BigLoada, its quite a nice place to visit, and the echo is amazing in there.

I think per square mile, the Isle of Wight has more stuff than anywhere else in Britain lol...
(thats just an assumption, dont hold me to it):p

Last edited:
Back