Brean Down Fort

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Memories of 1975

I visited this as a teen in 75,now this has rekindled a need to revisit,especially on a nice day like it appears in these excellant pics....thanx Krela for the info.

Stu

Once again Hi all ;
Thanks to Krela's excellent report on this location i thought that it was definately worth a visit.So took a trip down here on Sat Morning,WOW what a place plenty to see n do,a great walk with spectacular scenery and a crackin' little cafe at the start of the trek.There isn't anything i can add to the top notch phots already posted BUT the reason for this reply is to inform you that(according to the National trust reps present)all of the locked buildings and magazines are opened to the public on sat/sun and bank holidays throughout the summer PROVIDING its not Pi**ing down !!!So get down there and take a tripod,there's not too many normals around and you are left alone to do as you wish.Of course being as how i never knew about it i never took a tripod and only managed a few sorry flash shots.Return visit on the cards.!!!!!

Hello from Bristol!

Although this was originally posted some time ago I visited here recently and it definitely warrants a response.

What a fantastic place! And a pretty spectacular walk along that wild outcrop of land to the fort at the end.

I didn't take a reports worth of photos so I'll add a few on to here.

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

A highly recommended trip.
Thanks for looking.:)

I have been to this place, many years ago, before my kids were born, so that means at least 27 years ago.
I have some pictures taken back then, now I just need to find them to see if much has changed.
Have to agree, it is a bit of a walk, but well worth it :)

I was here on Friday, took a load of pics while dodging the rain, a few things have changed there since i was last there in 08.
Rather than a seperate report il try and post a few diff pics than those already on here.
Urinal:lol:
SomersetJan2010115.jpg

This post is now locked tight and the roof is held up with braces, my sig pic was taken in here in 07
SomersetJan2010150.jpg

Damage to MG Training Posts
SomersetJan2010159.jpg

Discovered this up hill on road back down to the gate (any ideas anyone), next to water board hatches.
SomersetJan2010173.jpg

SomersetJan2010172.jpg

My heart jumped slightly as i thought ROC Post, but obviously not.:lol:
SomersetJan2010160.jpg

Bloody big rock on rear of Command Post
SomersetJan2010039.jpg

Windows
SomersetJan2010127.jpg

The rest of my Urbex Pics are here
http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu116/jmoseley1981/

Last edited:
Thats well interesting..I went here in 1975 and I think its long overdue for a fevisit.

Its a great site, and a good walk even if the weathers crap, just a shame i no longer live just down the beach.:sick:

That sounds a great idea..will have to soften up the missus first though!Hope that doesnt sound bad!:mrgreen:

That sounds a great idea..will have to soften up the missus first though!Hope that doesnt sound bad!:mrgreen:

Hahahah. To be honest apart from all the WW2 stuff Brean Down is actually a really lovely way to spend a nice sunny day. It's a great place to go for a walk regardless of whether you're interested in the history or not.

And it's definitely a good excuse to try and meet up with friends ;)

Latest posts

Back