Broadford Works, Some time in 2009 with some chums

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Agfa film – tend to use positive (slide) film though – and the muted colours are its signature, compared to the saturated colours you get with Fuji.

Aha, as a novice at the film malarkey, that is news to me. TBH I never really thought about different film having different characteristics, but now it has been brought to my attention it is actually obvious. Apart from the noise I am reasonable happy with the results. The skies do appear very washed out, so I am keen to see the results with the 64 ISO Kodak. Fireworks display tomorrow night, so will try and finish the roll off then:)

Cracking shots Rjg, particularly loving the high ones. I wish my elbow had been up to it. I recently climbed the ladder inside a empty fuel tank in Invergordon, it was pretty high too with no safety cages or platforms. OK it was not as high as this, but the individual ladder was quite a bit longer than each section of the hose tower. I don't think I'll be going back to climb this any time soon.

Last edited:
nice shots there!! :D musta had a pretty big tripod to get them last pictures! ;)

and who added that tag to this thread?!?! :lol: :lol:

nice shots there!! :D musta had a pretty big tripod to get them last pictures! ;)

and who added that tag to this thread?!?! :lol: :lol:

Well it wisnae me, 'cos I wasn't (I don't think it can be done by phone:lol:)

It might have been Rjg, but he, like me was also an escapee:lol::lol:

Well I don't think I did it, but I have done stranger things when drunk......................:lol: perhaps a mod can enlighten?

Ah RJ yeah that was a helluva monopod you brought along that day...was most impressed!

Great shot's it gave you to, hadn't seen any of them yet.

I think I shot the whole place using only the 50mm so yeah the shots are a little tight...Here's a few anyway;

3896669919_3423e29712.jpg

3897448516_bed186701b.jpg

3896669575_f9e9354cd1.jpg

There's a person in this shot...
3896669455_8d3dfc1e1b.jpg

Castle Greyskull
3896669285_307625b575.jpg

A bad man at the window
3897447784_4721ba83be.jpg

3897446930_aec4821eec.jpg

3897446596_c73ba3934d.jpg

Alcohol problem in the female toilets?
3897443454_b4823068ca.jpg

Excellent photos Bryag :)

Gorecki -hats off to ya for getting at least a sample of those old books saved! :)

To everyone else who's put up their pics -thanks -makes for great viewing! :)

Cheers Lightbouy and Squasher:mrgreen:

Good to meet you Pyroninja, you got some cracking shots too. I never saw Skeltor, what a find. It looks like his sword is coming up through the floor to the left:p

Aye it was good to meet you to Bryag, well good to meet everybody haha I'd only been out with Celo and RJ before so aye nice to meet you all :mrgreen:

Yeah you've got some brilliant shots yourself, as RichardB said it looks like you'd explored another mill, I think I managed to miss most of the site haha!

may as well add in my ones whilst we're at it!

i00001.jpg

i00007.jpg

i00235.jpg

i00237.jpg

i00241.jpg

i00225.jpg

i00208.jpg

someone's clock in card from 1999
i00023.jpg

and finally, the spot where we 'chilled out' after a long day of exploring! :D
i00254.jpg

That's great ... though it doesn't look anything like Aberdeen, if you know what I mean?

yeah you're right. I live round the corner from here, and it's like a separate wee world inside broadford works.

Ello...Ello....Ello then, whats all this then a broadford feast:lol::lol:

tsktsktsk bad people that you are :lol::lol::lol:

Nice pictures everyone :)

Latest posts

Back