Buckmore Park, Chatham, sept 07

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natevansate

Reaction score
I have not seen a report anywhere on the net about this place for ages so thought I would share it with everyone.

Sorry for it being a very late report.

mg8857bi6.jpg

mg8859hb5.jpg

Notice the lovely gray sludge on top of the 4 year old water.

mg8860lr5.jpg

mg8872ab8.jpg

mg8889pb5.jpg

mg8915il9.jpg

img8879cd5.jpg

img8882xd1.jpg

This has to be one of my favourite explores I have done. I highly recommend it if you can get there.

Last edited:
eeww,the water!i just thought that was the floor of a big paddling pool!!!:sick:

agree with everyone else bout the light shot, very nicely done.

looks like a nice site to explore, shame its not closer.

did you try and climb the climbing wall?

I had a great climbing session on it, obviously only the side with crash mats but it was a good laugh till I jumped from the top to the crash mats and managed to roll my ankle.

My oh my how things have changed since the 60s.I used to regularly go camping in Buckmore park for,yes ,I was a boy scout and the park was then owned by the scout association.I don't remember the pool the cinema or the climbing wall,there was however a roller skating rink and a go kart track in a quarry that if memory serves me right was visible from the M2.Sad to see the place so unloved,I had some good times there as well as down the road at the bluebell inn dropping in for a couple of underage pints{I guess the landlord was used to scouts in mufti going in cos he never said anything}

Latest posts

Back