BUSM Air Raid Shelter, Leicester. 05.09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah i really like this place, good condition, good pics and looks like it was a good explore.

is it very big? it does say on the sign " drinking water @ entrance A & D" how many entrances are there to this place, i guess with 4 or more it must be a good size

ah i really like this place, good condition, good pics and looks like it was a good explore.

is it very big? it does say on the sign " drinking water @ entrance A & D" how many entrances are there to this place, i guess with 4 or more it must be a good size

It is quite big and yes it has 4 doors, that we found anyway, theres some still to do (ASAP !!)
Someone told me it could house 700 people in an air raid but i dont know if its correct, it is pretty big tho. :)

I think they were blankets or sheets, they were right down at the back of the shelter and looked pretty old. Shame there isnt more stuff but the things that are there are great, cant wait to go back.
Theres loads we didn't see cos we thought we heard someone in high heels (?!?) which spooked us and we made a swift exit ! ( might have been a ghostie ?? ) :)

Thanks for the info L :)
As for the mysterious footsteps -perhaps a well-dressed ghostie? :lol:
Look forward to seeing more of your snaps (you mentioned more entrances) :mrgreen:

Nice work
there are no records held in the records office in leicester of the shelter
on any of the building plans for the whole site.
the only ones listed were on the waste land to the right of the main gate:)
look forward to seeing more shots LL:)

wow, i live near this building too :p
never knew it was actually abandoned! o.0
I remember laughing at it whenever i saw it.. BUSM.. lol.

wow, i live near this building too :p
never knew it was actually abandoned! o.0
I remember laughing at it whenever i saw it.. BUSM.. lol.

The actual factory isn't abandoned, just only about a third is in use, i highly recommend looking round the rest of the estate tho. There's some good bits and bobs round there to nosey at...;)

ive been in this place a few times and there is always something different to see. There is lots of places in there that i havent seen but as its local to me this is always an ongoing exploring opertunity

apparently it will be dissapearing fast in the next few months mate so dont hang about too long, access is simples too

apparently it will be dissapearing fast in the next few months

Ive heard that one before in previous years, so I won't believe that until its all empty! Work on the first phase is not moving anywhere at the moment, so I can't see the second part at BUSM going ahead anytime soon.

that is 1 sweet find LL, top quality pix & subject matter...Really strange that nothing is held in records office in leicester! Proper makin my noisy taste-buds tingle!!!

Latest posts

Back