Cardington Hangars April 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a brilliant place, lovely pictures too, them doors are just insane though,

if i remember somewhere at one time they were pulled open by a Thornycroft Antar, which is an old tank transporter, rather than motors opening them, but i could be wrong on that :)

Amazing photographs. I KNOW how big these things are but still can't get my head round the scale.The shots of Mimi really bring it home. The door mechanism is fantastic.

This is a clip of the construction of the hangers, when I done the research and read about the many deaths during the build, I thought they were exaggerated. When you see the Health and Safety employed in modern construction you forget that workers used to operate like this.

An amazing film clip

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=24632

(The film is silent and there is a small ad before it starts)

Great find Nelly,you wouldnt have seen my ass in that first vids basket..full marks to those who did though.

I saw them from a distance a few years ago (I think my pictures are still on here) & they seemed massive even from that far back.

Latest posts

Back