Cassini Historical maps.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weeto

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
While in Waterstones today i picked up one of these today of the local area, its a repro of the 1920-22 edition map, re scaled from 1:63,360 to 1:50,000 and matched to the modern OS landranger series, also a bonus for myself (a Pillbox hunter) it carries the original Cassini grid, maps on this grid were used to plot the defences of Britain in the second World War.
I could only see the two map sheets relating to my local area but the whole of the UK is covered; check out www.cassinimaps.com

Hope this is useful to someone
James.

Cassini Historical Maps

A word of Caution here, these maps show the current National Grid, not the Modified Military Grid used in WW2.

I hope this is of interest and may save some cash,

Cheers, Bob

A word of Caution here, these maps show the current National Grid, not the Modified Military Grid used in WW2.

I hope this is of interest and may save some cash,

Cheers, Bob

Cheers bob,didnt even check that damn false advertising, no good for plotting then, but at least shows old stuff when compared to new i suppose. now where can i procure an original from?

eBay sometimes turns up some nice maps. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a WD map of my area a while back, complete with annotations for likely weak spots that would need extra defences.

Latest posts

Back