Cherry Knowle Asylum, Sunderland.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I pretty much secon what Pete has written regarding atmospheres etc, If I ever get spooked its more from a real person being in there or the thought of one rather than the buildings themselves or anything ghost-like.
Theres so much potential three dimentional dangers that If you start to let your imagination loose which paranormal stuff you could go nuts.
I'd love to explore with someone like Brick man who can 'feel' that a few places are 'wrong', that would be quite exiting :)
Cherry Knowle I found very peaceful and beautiful but I can imagine how that could change if you came accross a gang of gun wielding yobos running around the place:mad:

ps:ty Urban X:)

i can hold my hands up and say i've got a vibe from this place.
Sayong that, the first time we went it was in the pitch black, and i had a mask on that made me start to feel very, very claustrophobic!!
There is definately an atmosphere here, same with everywhere. IMO, some people feel it, some dont..... i think it has an awful lot to do with how vivid your imagination is :lol:
And i also totally agree with that feeling you get when it's time to go.

Nice to see it secured, but do let us know if there are any chinks in the armour ;)

Maybe the atmosphere is just down to the fact that the place is so badly trashed, with evidence of the brain-dead losers all over the place...beer cans, graffiti, mindless vandalism to the extreme. I wouldn't expect anything less from the inhabitants of Sunderland though....

Maybe it's also to do with there still being stuff lying around from when it was open, patients artwork, clothing, bits of equipment etc, I suppose as Pete said you're constantly on the lookout for trouble..be it from local charv-scum or mr Security, so that's playing on your mind as you're wandering around inside avoiding broken bottles, holes in the floor, uncovered tunnel entrances etc.

Then again, maybe it's just full of scary ghosts and some of us are more perceptive than others :)

Maybe the atmosphere is just down to the fact that the place is so badly trashed, with evidence of the brain-dead losers all over the place...beer cans, graffiti, mindless vandalism to the extreme. I wouldn't expect anything less from the inhabitants of Sunderland though....

Maybe it's also to do with there still being stuff lying around from when it was open, patients artwork, clothing, bits of equipment etc, I suppose as Pete said you're constantly on the lookout for trouble..be it from local charv-scum or mr Security, so that's playing on your mind as you're wandering around inside avoiding broken bottles, holes in the floor, uncovered tunnel entrances etc.

Then again, maybe it's just full of scary ghosts and some of us are more perceptive than others :)

Hey! Not all Mackems are charva morons!

Hi

Went down there today for a look around ... worked from the front gate around the front of the site but there wasn plenty of security on site and the fence ran for ever. If anyone knows if access can be gained anywhere it would be great if you could let me know via PM .. i notice notes of access are not permitted on the foums .. im new to the site so dont want to piss anyone off from the start :)

Im a professional phtoographer looking for new sites for shoots so any helps appreciated ....

Cheers

D

Latest posts

Back