County Arms, Leicester

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldie87

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Th County Arms was designed and built in the 1930s by Everards on the site of an earlier pub called the Union Inn. During the war it housed an air raid siren in the tower. During the 1960s & 1970s it was a leading music venue. Famous names who played there included The Farinas who were destined to become Leicester legends, Family and a pre Deep Purple Jon Lord and future Queen bassist John Deacon. In the 1970s The Arms was the home of Leicester Jazz Society. It closed around the end of 2001/beginning of 2002, and apparently the landlord did a runner with the takings. I really like this building, will be a shame if it were to go, as has been suggested many times by short sighted locals! If it was restored back to its original state it would be great. Unfortunately very trashed inside now, but still some interesting stuff if you look carefully. It appears everything was just left behind after it closed, really cant understand why the brewery never did anything with it. I've got a fantastic old photo of the place somewhere, will scan it when I get the chance.

ca11.jpg

ca14.jpg

ca7.jpg

ca4.jpg

ca3.jpg

ca2.jpg

ca6.jpg

ca8.jpg

Last edited:
nice one mate here are a couple of mine:)
the restaurant

resturant.png

the bar

bar.png

cloakroom

cloak.png

function room
recep.png

:)

Pretty cool, ive always thought about going in there, but always thought it would be full of junkies or something lol.

Next up, The Invincible

its been in that state for year's....never thought about going in there even tho iv seen it nearly everyday on the way home...

nice pics tho lads

Yeah left it alone for years because of the fires and how damaged it was supposed to be. It is damaged, but there is still numerous items of interest left which made it worth it :)

Always have wanted to go in but cant seem to find access!!!! :confused:

Drive by it most days to work and soooooo want to get in there!

Latest posts

Back